Placement tutor not answering my emails

Watch this thread
Galdiowolf
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi,

Looking for any advice on what to do, in regards to not hearing back/getting any replies for the past few months - lack of communication with my placement tutor.

I am really getting annoyed by the lack of her communication - she seemed to have completely ghosted me this past 6/7months since I started placement.

What do I do? Do I raise this to my student union or my personal tutor or my head of department? Any suggestions would be great.

Thank you
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Galdiowolf)
Hi,

Looking for any advice on what to do, in regards to not hearing back/getting any replies for the past few months - lack of communication with my placement tutor.

I am really getting annoyed by the lack of her communication - she seemed to have completely ghosted me this past 6/7months since I started placement.

What do I do? Do I raise this to my student union or my personal tutor or my head of department? Any suggestions would be great.

Thank you
Do you have a placement co-ordinator at you university? They (or someone with similar responsibilities) should be your first port of call.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Galdiowolf)
Hi,

Thank you
Hi!

I would speak to your head of department and ask. Just because they might know a bit more than your tutor.
Your university should also have a placement department that you can go and speak to. This might be associated with the careers service at your uni.

I hope this helps!
Best wishes
Chloe - Official Student Rep
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi Galdiowolf it is important to be able to get in contact with your placement tutor, who is meant to be there to provide support and guidance, so as they are not responding, I would contact your head of department. They can speak to your tutor and find out why they are not offering you the support they are meant to and could look into reassigning you to a different tutor.

- Rosie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Sociology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (30)
23.26%
The paper was reasonable (60)
46.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (26)
20.16%
It was TERRIBLE (13)
10.08%

Watched Threads