Being thrown out of college

Watch this thread
Bunnett
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I am 17 and doing a lv2 at college. I’m not getting any grades and convinced I will fail. I am also unable to get the relevant work experience needed. No one wants a rubbish student to babysit on site, everyone has turned me down. I am not planning on staying in this industry as it so obviously not for me. If I’m thrown off my course mid way am I long longer classed as a student for my parents? Do I have to declare it to anyone? Will I be able to start another course in September? I wish I could move now but being so late in the year I’m guessing not. I feel lost and my mental health is suffering. I feel useless and a waste of oxygen
CletusPotter
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Bunnett)
I am 17 and doing a lv2 at college. I’m not getting any grades and convinced I will fail. I am also unable to get the relevant work experience needed. No one wants a rubbish student to babysit on site, everyone has turned me down. I am not planning on staying in this industry as it so obviously not for me. If I’m thrown off my course mid way am I long longer classed as a student for my parents? Do I have to declare it to anyone? Will I be able to start another course in September? I wish I could move now but being so late in the year I’m guessing not. I feel lost and my mental health is suffering. I feel useless and a waste of oxygen
It's unlikely you will. How about you ask your tutor or your college's "Advice Shop" (or equivalent) directly?
Bunnett
Rep:
(Original post by CletusPotter)
It's unlikely you will. How about you ask your tutor or your college's "Advice Shop" (or equivalent) directly?
I know I should I’m just so nervous to point out that I’m failing. Even though it’s pretty obvious! I have a study period tomorrow morning I might try and talk to someone. I also have a parents evening on Thursday! Dreading that one! Thanks for your reply
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I know I should I’m just so nervous to point out that I’m failing. Even though it’s pretty obvious! I have a study period tomorrow morning I might try and talk to someone. I also have a parents evening on Thursday! Dreading that one! Thanks for your reply
I'd deffo speak to your tutor and ask for help.
If you aren't enjoying the course and arent planning on going into that career area, you could also look into applying to start another course in September.
abaidya
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
i feel like this i agree.
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Talk to the tutor
Bunnett
Rep:
(Original post by tinyperson)
Talk to the tutor
This is exactly what I’ve done. My tutor has offered some extra hours in the workshop to catch up. I put the project I was stuck on aside and manage to complete one in 4 hours. Thanks everyone for your advice. Feeling a bit more confident now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (23)
38.98%
The paper was reasonable (21)
35.59%
Not feeling great about that exam... (10)
16.95%
It was TERRIBLE (5)
8.47%

Watched Threads