GCSEs revision all 9s??

Watch this thread
harlz_chalamet
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
hi! atm, i would say that i am a grade 7/8/9 student, i gathered that from my mock exam results.
though, in all sciences during my mock, i was only tested on one topic - i didn't do paper 1 or 2. i do have another mock in march and i would really like to get higher grades, especially because i'm actually going to be tested on paper 2 for all sciences too.
the subjects i do are:
english lit
english lang
triple science
higher maths
geography
cooking
french
drama.

if you got all 9s at GCSE, did you use a timetable for revision after school? if so, how did you structure it/how many hours did you do after school??
thankyou!
Armaan01234
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by harlz_chalamet)
hi! atm, i would say that i am a grade 7/8/9 student, i gathered that from my mock exam results.
though, in all sciences during my mock, i was only tested on one topic - i didn't do paper 1 or 2. i do have another mock in march and i would really like to get higher grades, especially because i'm actually going to be tested on paper 2 for all sciences too.
the subjects i do are:
english lit
english lang
triple science
higher maths
geography
cooking
french
drama.

if you got all 9s at GCSE, did you use a timetable for revision after school? if so, how did you structure it/how many hours did you do after school??
thankyou!
I think back when I had my GCSE's I overdid it because I was scared and I studied too much after school. I think in order to make an efficient schedule you need to identify when you'll be most productive and build around there. If you're a night person, try to study most around there. It's about the quality of your revision, make sure you take a break after school because for most students, they are likely to be sluggish after school (the school day is 8/9 hours where I live). You need to divide your time based on which subjects are your strongest and which ones are your weakest. I found I was weaker in maths and physics but very strong in history, economics, English, ICT so basically good at theory subjects bad at calculation subjects, so I spent more time doing the subjects I was weak at mostly through past papers.
In conclusion, the hours don't really matter too much just ensure there's quality and set reasonable goals. Good luck studying!!
harlz_chalamet
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Armaan01234)
I think back when I had my GCSE's I overdid it because I was scared and I studied too much after school. I think in order to make an efficient schedule you need to identify when you'll be most productive and build around there. If you're a night person, try to study most around there. It's about the quality of your revision, make sure you take a break after school because for most students, they are likely to be sluggish after school (the school day is 8/9 hours where I live). You need to divide your time based on which subjects are your strongest and which ones are your weakest. I found I was weaker in maths and physics but very strong in history, economics, English, ICT so basically good at theory subjects bad at calculation subjects, so I spent more time doing the subjects I was weak at mostly through past papers.
In conclusion, the hours don't really matter too much just ensure there's quality and set reasonable goals. Good luck studying!!
i totally agree with you. however, i do want to balance my subjects at the same time? i still have work to catch up on with other subjects.
i also find maths, physics and English lit a bit more challenging compared to the rest of the subjects. maybe i should try to do that more often?
Armaan01234
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by harlz_chalamet)
i totally agree with you. however, i do want to balance my subjects at the same time? i still have work to catch up on with other subjects.
i also find maths, physics and English lit a bit more challenging compared to the rest of the subjects. maybe i should try to do that more often?
Yeah, you should definitely practice more. I think you should also check the grade boundaries for previous years, it will help you to plan what you need to attain especially since you're aiming for all 9's. Make sure you place a priority on subjects that you need for your future career as well as English and Maths. If you get a score below A in maths or english, it may put you in a bad position later.
username5849750
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Armaan01234)
Hi, I just noticed in your comment that you did economics GCSE, i’m choosing my subjects tomorrow and i was wondering how you found it as I may pick it
Armaan01234
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by OrangeCaprisun)
Hi, I just noticed in your comment that you did economics GCSE, i’m choosing my subjects tomorrow and i was wondering how you found it as I may pick it
I think for me, economics was very interesting but the thing is that it has a really large amount of content. You'll have a lot to study especially during the finals, especially in the structured papers where you have to write essays. It has a lot of logic and reasoning involved, you'll get you to understand the long term logic behind policies. If you think you'd like that, good luck!
Last edited by Armaan01234; 3 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (130)
42.76%
Not yet, but I will soon (54)
17.76%
No (120)
39.47%

Watched Threads