The Student Room Group

Advice needed.

How do i know if I want to teach primary school or sixth form? Due to covid, there aren't any volunteer opportunities available at the moment.
Original post by itsjustme792
How do i know if I want to teach primary school or sixth form? Due to covid, there aren't any volunteer opportunities available at the moment.

Experience is really important. Are you looking to train 2022 - 2023? It is worth contacting Get Into Teaching - they can help you arrange experience.
yes, I am. I currently study nursing and i don't think that it is the right path for me anymore so want to switch to becoming a teacher. I am stuck between becoming a primary school teacher and sixth form teacher.
Thank you though I will contact them to ask for help.
Hi itsjustme792

Just reading bluebeetle's comment about contacting Get Into Teaching. We have helpful guidance on our website about [url= https://getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/get-school-experience]school experience.
If you would like to speak with an adviser at Get Into Teaching you can sign up here. We are all qualified teachers and can help you research teaching as a possible career choice. Hope that helps.
Kind regards
Suzanne
You can become a teaching assistant in the private sector without any training. See if your local prep schools want a classroom assistant?
Thank you so much!

Original post by Get into Teaching
Hi itsjustme792

Just reading bluebeetle's comment about contacting Get Into Teaching. We have helpful guidance on our website about [url= school]https://getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/get-school-experience]school experience.

If you would like to speak with an adviser at Get Into Teaching you can sign up here. We are all qualified teachers and can help you research teaching as a possible career choice. Hope that helps.
Kind regards
Suzanne
Original post by booklover1313
You can become a teaching assistant in the private sector without any training. See if your local prep schools want a classroom assistant?

With the nursing degree, there isn't a lot of time to do be able to do TA on the side that's the other issue. we tend not to have a set timetable and it changes a lot especially last minute and then with placement there just isn't enough time to actually do TA ***** atm. So atm I can only volunteer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending