People take the piss out of me because my parents pay for stuff

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
They say crap like I don't own the stuff or just make me feel bad/ guilty about it and I don't to sound like a snowflake but it puts me down when people just make fun of me about it
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
They say crap like I don't own the stuff or just make me feel bad/ guilty about it and I don't to sound like a snowflake but it puts me down when people just make fun of me about it
they're jealous, that's why
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
How old are you? Im assuming an adult if people are making those comments as most teenagers parents buy them crap. In that case, because adult children should be funding themselves and not continuing to take their parents handouts.
username155270
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
People get in their feelings when their parents cant do the same.

I experienced the same thing from this witch who was 10 years older than me. Jealous I got a head start in life.
Last edited by username155270; 3 months ago
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Napp)
How old are you? Im assuming an adult if people are making those comments as most teenagers parents buy them crap. In that case, because adult children should be funding themselves and not continuing to take their parents handouts.
could be a uni student
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
There is nothing wrong with taking advantage of your position as long as you have goals and ambitions you want to achieve.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Either stop letting your parents pay for staff or stop caring what other people think. Yes, it is really that simple!
Bristolbb
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Opinions on this differ across cultures. If you come from a comfortable financial background and your parents think nothing of buying you things then it’s not a big deal. Enjoy it. Just make sure you do still have your own drive and willing to work for your own stuff in future but again me saying that is a judgemental presumption
CosmicApathy1
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Maybe 15 year old would've taken the piss outta you but nowadays I don't give a ****
Tw1x
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
If my parents offered to pay my rent right now I'd gladly accept it and screw what anyone else thought

Jokes. I'd never take their money. No idea of your age but if it makes you feel that uncomfortable tell them not to buy you things
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (217)
42.63%
The paper was reasonable (219)
43.03%
Not feeling great about that exam... (46)
9.04%
It was TERRIBLE (27)
5.3%

Watched Threads