Been put on a covid ward but really don’t want to

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Ive been extremely careful to avoid covid ever since the pandemic despite working through it (not on covid wards though). Ive not had it to my knowledge (I’ve been testing 3 times per week). None of my family have had it either they haven’t been out much lol.

Now I’ve been put on a covid for 8 months and Im thinking of changing jobs (even though I’ve only just started this particular one). I just think what’s the point as I’ve been so careful to avoid it all this time and now will most def catch it. I’m the only one in my team who hasn’t had it according to testing so I’m the only one with no natural immunity.

What would you do?
KA_P
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Ive been extremely careful to avoid covid ever since the pandemic despite working through it (not on covid wards though). Ive not had it to my knowledge (I’ve been testing 3 times per week). None of my family have had it either they haven’t been out much lol.

Now I’ve been put on a covid for 8 months and Im thinking of changing jobs (even though I’ve only just started this particular one). I just think what’s the point as I’ve been so careful to avoid it all this time and now will most def catch it. I’m the only one in my team who hasn’t had it according to testing so I’m the only one with no natural immunity.

What would you do?
Are you fully vaccinated?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by KA_P)
Are you fully vaccinated?
Yea but so are most people they are still catching it
KA_P
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yea but so are most people they are still catching it
Just getting more information on the situation. From a general perspective, it's your choice. You can resign from your job. Or just ensure that you're wearing full PPE and washing hands etc.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by KA_P)
Just getting more information on the situation. From a general perspective, it's your choice. You can resign from your job. Or just ensure that you're wearing full PPE and washing hands etc.
Cheeers. I do have another prob going on but don’t want to tell anyone as it sounds like I’m making excuses 😄 I have allergies daily and have to keep blowing my nose, it’s not to bad in a p2 mask but do t know how I’l go in in a p3 one.

Guess I should just suck it up and think well the more exposure I have the more immune I’ll become to covid. Not sure how valid this is in reality ha
Hisstory
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Everyone will get it sooner or later whats the problem
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Hisstory)
Everyone will get it sooner or later whats the problem
That’s what I’m thinking
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (146)
29.03%
It went fairly well (239)
47.51%
It didn't go too well (75)
14.91%
TERRIBLE! (43)
8.55%

Watched Threads