Texting my ex

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
My ex & I have been chatting a lot recently. We broke up over a month ago, due to some issues. However we both have the intention of getting back together. He's currently on holiday & we were planning on having a chat when he's back. Should I still respond to his messages & keep the convo going or should I just wait till he's back off holiday? Our convos have been small talk & due to the time difference not necessarily instant, mainly about his holiday, not about our relationship.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
My ex & I have been chatting a lot recently. We broke up over a month ago, due to some issues. However we both have the intention of getting back together. He's currently on holiday & we were planning on having a chat when he's back. Should I still respond to his messages & keep the convo going or should I just wait till he's back off holiday? Our convos have been small talk & due to the time difference not necessarily instant, mainly about his holiday, not about our relationship.
Help?
anonymoussgg
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Wait till he’s back
Anonymous #1
(Original post by user2293)
Wait till he’s back
You reckon? That's not for over another 2 weeks though.
OnlyTheQuack
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
It's better to just leave it until 2 weeks, that way you can rethink your feelings, think about why you broke up and wether it is actually a good idea to get back together. Relationships don't break up for no reason and you need to prioritise yourself over him or the relationship.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by OnlyTheQuack)
It's better to just leave it until 2 weeks, that way you can rethink your feelings, think about why you broke up and wether it is actually a good idea to get back together. Relationships don't break up for no reason and you need to prioritise yourself over him or the relationship.
That is very true, I have ignored him quite a bit. But if I do ignore him he sends me another message a couple of days later. It's nice to know he's thinking of me, but don't want to fall into talking all day everyday considering we're not together right now.
OnlyTheQuack
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Talking every day is fine, if you've actually got something useful to talk about. If the conversation is dead then your time would probably be better spent doing something productive. You can always try the typical girl thing which is replying 4ish hours after every message no matter how fast the guy replies lol
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
do you actually want to get back with him and would it be beneficial for you ? everyone ends up texting their exes sometimes but i guess if it didn't end badly between you two or the issues you faced were not of fault by you two then i dont see why it could be any harm
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
That is very true, I have ignored him quite a bit. But if I do ignore him he sends me another message a couple of days later. It's nice to know he's thinking of me, but don't want to fall into talking all day everyday considering we're not together right now.
Just tell him you won't message whilst he's on holiday so as not to disturb him, and you'll talk when he's back. Then use the 2 weeks to seriously consider if these 'issues' can very overcome and you can make a relationship work.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Surnia)
Just tell him you won't message whilst he's on holiday so as not to disturb him, and you'll talk when he's back. Then use the 2 weeks to seriously consider if these 'issues' can very overcome and you can make a relationship work.
I want to keep talking to him but do think I need to take time to think things over definitely. How do I keep myself occupied during this time?
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I want to keep talking to him but do think I need to take time to think things over definitely. How do I keep myself occupied during this time?
Whatever you did before you had a boyfriend? Go out with friends, hobbies, everyday stuff like read, watch TV etc.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by OnlyTheQuack)
Talking every day is fine, if you've actually got something useful to talk about. If the conversation is dead then your time would probably be better spent doing something productive. You can always try the typical girl thing which is replying 4ish hours after every message no matter how fast the guy replies lol
Some conversations have be useful some haven't. So when I feel like we're just talking for the sake of it I don't reply.
Anonymous #1
do you actually want to get back with him and would it be beneficial for you ? everyone ends up texting their exes sometimes but i guess if it didn't end badly between you two or the issues you faced were not of fault by you two then i dont see why it could be any harm
I do want to get back with him yes. However, the issues were quite big but hopefully something we could work on together.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Surnia)
Whatever you did before you had a boyfriend? Go out with friends, hobbies, everyday stuff like read, watch TV etc.
It's been 5 years so it's been so long I can't even remember what I used to do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
19.44%
The paper was reasonable (133)
36.94%
Not feeling great about that exam... (105)
29.17%
It was TERRIBLE (52)
14.44%

Watched Threads