Can anyone give me tips for pharmacy university interviews?

Watch this thread
CalciPharm_900
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I'm new to this website so I don't really know how these forum things work, but I am currently doing my A-levels and applying for Pharmacy at uni. I'm really anxious about the interviews, especially the numeracy stations. So, if anyone is anxious like me or can give me tips for a successful interview, it would be very much appreciated
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by CalciPharm_900)
I'm new to this website so I don't really know how these forum things work, but I am currently doing my A-levels and applying for Pharmacy at uni. I'm really anxious about the interviews, especially the numeracy stations. So, if anyone is anxious like me or can give me tips for a successful interview, it would be very much appreciated
Hi!

Firstly, welcome to TSR! Secondly, I have moved your thread to the 'Pharmacy' forum. Hopefully, you'll get more responses.

Here is also a link to the 2022 Pharmacy thread:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=7115114

Feel free to ask anything on that thread.

Good luck with your application and interviews! :woo:
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
make notes
CalciPharm_900
Rep:
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
Hi!

Firstly, welcome to TSR! Secondly, I have moved your thread to the 'Pharmacy' forum. Hopefully, you'll get more responses.

Here is also a link to the 2022 Pharmacy thread:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=7115114

Feel free to ask anything on that thread.

Good luck with your application and interviews! :woo:
Thank you so much!!
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Thank you so much!!
No problem! :hugs:
TriplexA
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi there.

Welcome to TSR as 5hyl33n has said.

Gaining work experience in a pharmacy would be a great place to start. If you do have any small, local pharmacies don't be afraid to approach them and ask as they'd be more willing to accept you than larger chains such as Boots. For interviews I recommend you know the importance of team work and confidentiality in pharmacy and you can demonstrate your understanding of this through giving examples of why they are important from your work experience.

As for numeracy, I think that knowing your simple GCSE equations, unit conversions, interpreting data from graphs and charts etc. would be a good starting point. Don't be afraid to miss Qs and come back to them to help build your confidence in the given time.

Best wishes.
Last edited by TriplexA; 3 months ago
seema.098
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
are we allowed to have notes in the interview?
CalciPharm_900
Rep:
(Original post by TriplexA)
Hi there.

Gaining work experience in a pharmacy would be a great place to start. If you do have any small, local pharmacies don't be afraid to approach them and ask as they'd be more willing to accept you than larger chains such as Boots. For interviews I recommend you know the importance of team work and confidentiality in pharmacy and you can demonstrate your understanding of this through giving examples of why they are important from your work experience.

As for numeracy, I think that knowing your simple GCSE equations, unit conversions, interpreting data from graphs and charts etc. would be a good starting point. Don't be afraid to miss Qs and come back to them to help build your confidence in the given time.

Best wishes.
Thank you so much! This really calmed me, I thought universities would give me difficult numeracy/chemistry questions
fimop62975
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by TriplexA)
Hi there.

Gaining work experience in a COMMUNITY pharmacy would be a great place to start.

Best wishes.
This is great advice as this is most likely what you'll be doing after you finish your degree so you can see if this is really what you want to do for 40 hrs a week for the rest of your life.
Last edited by fimop62975; 3 months ago
CalciPharm_900
Rep:
(Original post by fimop62975)
This is great advice as this is most likely what you'll be doing after you finish your degree so you can see if this is really what you want to do for 40 hrs a week for the rest of your life.
Oh thank you! I will try to get in contact with pharmacies ASAP
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (65)
19.52%
The paper was reasonable (124)
37.24%
Not feeling great about that exam... (96)
28.83%
It was TERRIBLE (48)
14.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed