Should I message my ex ?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Well it’s either we’re gonna get back together or we’re not so I feel like I have nothing to lose. I’m not sad about the break up anymore for sure but I’m also not sure if I’m over it enough to not be sad if he doesn’t respond.

Thoughts?
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
Why did you breakup? What would you say to him? Would you just be having a normal convo, suggesting you meet up or what...?
Slx.24
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Not sure why people would ever go back to their exes tbh 🤨
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Always trust your gut instinct and listen to what your common sense is telling you.
I believe that most exes and the ghosts of all failed relationships belong in the past.
Plenty more single fish in the dating sea, many of whom you are yet to meet.
Good luck!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Why did you breakup? What would you say to him? Would you just be having a normal convo, suggesting you meet up or what...?
We broke up because of my anxiety. And before anyone suggests that the right person would ‘ accept’ it, I was in a pretty awful place and truly he was so understanding and tried to be accompanying but I was unruly. So the break up was to have space and to see at some point if things had improved. It’s been 6 weeks since we were last in contact and I’m just not sure if that’s too soon? I don’t want to message near Valentines though because that looks staged
Anonymous #1
We broke up because of my anxiety. And before anyone suggests that the right person would ‘ accept’ it, I was in a pretty awful place and truly he was so understanding and tried to be accompanying but I was unruly. So the break up was to have space and to see at some point if things had improved. It’s been 6 weeks since we were last in contact and I’m just not sure if that’s too soon? I don’t want to message near Valentines though because that looks staged
Just to add that my mental health reallt has improved, I’ve had therapy from a clinical psychologist every week and I’ve built up a sense of ‘ identity’ so I don’t rest all my happiness in a relationship/ worry about him ever cheating ( that was my main anxiety)
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
Oh bless you, hope everything's ok currently. Only you can decide when the right time is really. Do you feel like you need more time or do you want to message him sooner rather than later? People often say that a month apart is enough time to decide what you want to do, however the ball is completely in your court as to whether you feel you are ready to send him a message now or wait a bit.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Slx.24)
Desperation, familiarity, fear of being left alone, loneliness, lust, obsessive love, very possessive tendencies that won't allow them to ever let go.
username5888917
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I’m glad I’m over mine 😂😂😂
Slx.24
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Desperation, familiarity, fear of being left alone, loneliness, lust, obsessive love, very possessive tendencies that won't allow them to ever let go.
Sounds sad. All of the above are just sad.
Let's hope that we'll never be hit with any of them
(Original post by Mohammed1000000)
I’m glad I’m over mine 😂😂😂
Same same. Getting over them though was a rough time huh
username5888917
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Sounds sad. All of the above are just sad.
Let's hope that we'll never be hit with any of them

Same same. Getting over them though was a rough time huh
Bro to be honest no, because my ex girlfriend she was toxic and foul mouthed asf. The reason why I broke up with her was she took advantage of my financial income and gold digged me even though I bought her several valuables and assets only as a gesture to represent how much she meant to me. Used me and played with my feelings because of my kind, polite soft heartened nature even though I said to her when I first met her I will do everything I can to keep her happy unlike her previous ex which I did and I constantly treated her like a princess and supported her through her good and bad times. Then she goes onto cheat behind my back I should have trusted my gut instincts over my heart when I had insecurities within the relationship for a good reason and only wanted reassurances she said she had no boys on her socials but her social media was full of boys dm her regularly sending her pictures and videos that she used to open and reply to before sharing and exchanging herself. Whilst she was two faced to her friends she’s completely different to me I was a human being that had no feelings an android machine (robot). So I broke up with her 25 days ago not once have I thought about her, know her whereabouts to me she is a ghost 👻 that is non existent and dead.
Slx.24
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Bro to be honest no, because my ex girlfriend she was toxic and foul mouthed asf. The reason why I broke up with her was she took advantage of my financial income and gold digged me even though I bought her several valuables and assets only as a gesture to represent how much she meant to me. Used me and played with my feelings because of my kind, polite soft heartened nature even though I said to her when I first met her I will do everything I can to keep her happy unlike her previous ex which I did and I constantly treated her like a princess and supported her through her good and bad times. Then she goes onto cheat behind my back I should have trusted my gut instincts over my heart when I had insecurities within the relationship for a good reason and only wanted reassurances she said she had no boys on her socials but her social media was full of boys dm her regularly sending her pictures and videos that she used to open and reply to before sharing and exchanging herself. Whilst she was two faced to her friends she’s completely different to me I was a human being that had no feelings an android machine (robot). So I broke up with her 25 days ago not once have I thought about her, know her whereabouts to me she is a ghost 👻 that is non existent and dead.
Damn. That sucks bro.
I guess my getting over her in your case would be getting over the things she did to you and forgetting them. Moving on/getting over is kinda an umbrella term I guess.
username5888917
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Damn. That sucks bro.
I guess my getting over her in your case would be getting over the things she did to you and forgetting them. Moving on/getting over is kinda an umbrella term I guess.
Yeah bro the gifts were worth two g at the very best. Lol I wish but everyday I look back with guilt and regret and a huge mistake I made she even had the audacity to bring a serious subject such as marriage and wanting to start a family in the future which I was on board with to be able to use it as a bait to get the things and stuff the way she wants no…no appreciate the tip and help however I moved on bro I don’t think about her no more she’s dead to me and doesn’t exist.
Slx.24
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Yeah bro the gifts were worth two g at the very best. Lol I wish but everyday I look back with guilt and regret and a huge mistake I made she even had the audacity to bring a serious subject such as marriage and wanting to start a family in the future which I was on board with to be able to use it as a bait to get the things and stuff the way she wants no…no appreciate the tip and help however I moved on bro I don’t think about her no more she’s dead to me and doesn’t exist.
Fking hell that's a bit mad ☠☠ You were a bit overboard there icl.. I guess it's a learning curve though
Yeah bro that's messed up 🤐
I'm glad you're better now 💯
username5888917
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Fking hell that's a bit mad ☠☠ You were a bit overboard there icl.. I guess it's a learning curve though
Yeah bro that's messed up 🤐
I'm glad you're better now 💯
It was only a gesture init but you know what they say when your blindly in love you can fall for the bait her loss my gain on who she lost out on us good ones suffer bro. Thanks bro 👊🤜🤛
Slx.24
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
It was only a gesture init but you know what they say when your blindly in love you can fall for the bait her loss my gain on who she lost out on us good ones suffer bro. Thanks bro 👊🤜🤛
One expensive gesture😭
Yeah forreal man. She coulda had the world.. but she went for the gold :/
username5888917
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
One expensive gesture😭
Yeah forreal man. She coulda had the world.. but she went for the gold :/
Yeah should have never went down the expensive route but it was only just to show like how much she meant to me like she was my little princess that was when I was blindly in love. Just pure greed bro I hope she looks back with regret and realises her mistake because the good boys are hard to come by like us.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.38%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.03%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.35%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (24)
17.65%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (35)
25.74%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (27)
19.85%

Watched Threads