Incorrect predicted grades

Watch this thread
unserious
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
My ucas referee's getting in touch with my 5 unis via email and telephone to let them know that the predicted grades they've put down are wrong (AAB when I've been operating at triple A* since y12)

I feel so sick rn and am on the verge of just breaking down since my college kept them confidential until just before they were going to submit it - sending me an email whilst I was in lesson. application was already out before I even got the chance to debate it
Is there anything else I could possibly do? Will universities still take me into consideration if they're shown data?

I don't even meet most of my uni requirements and I've already received emails of acknowledgement back
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by unserious)
My ucas referee's getting in touch with my 5 unis via email and telephone to let them know that the predicted grades they've put down are wrong (AAB when I've been operating at triple A* since y12)

I feel so sick rn and am on the verge of just breaking down since my college kept them confidential until just before they were going to submit it - sending me an email whilst I was in lesson. application was already out before I even got the chance to debate it
Is there anything else I could possibly do? Will universities still take me into consideration if they're shown data?

I don't even meet most of my uni requirements and I've already received emails of acknowledgement back
A strange mess-up! How did that happen and why apply so late?
unserious
Rep:
(Original post by ageshallnot)
A strange mess-up! How did that happen and why apply so late?
I wish I knew. When I emailed him asking where my predicted grades came from he just claimed to not have seen the A*s in my mocks and would do everything in his ability to get it fixed. I'm pretty sure he ripped these grades from half term tests from y12 easter, since that was the only time I ever got AAB.
Personal circumstances and the backlog my college built up meant my application was only sent off yesterday - it had been submitted to centre for nearly 2 weeks
unserious
Rep:
even if i apply next year im not guaranteed a spot and could end up going to the same unis regardless. im just at a loss. i have no idea what to do anymore
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Just a warning - Unis are not stupid and nor do they like this sort of 'revision' - they dont have to accept prediction changes and many wont.

The point is that if schools are submitting applications to UCAS before they have the 'evidence' they need for predicted grades (ie. Jan mocks) then they shouldnt be submitting them that early.

The UCAS ruling is simple "You cannot add or change predicted grades or references once they have been submitted to UCAS".
unserious
Rep:
(Original post by McGinger)
Just a warning - Unis are not stupid and nor do they like this sort of 'revision' - they dont have to accept prediction changes and many wont.

The point is that if schools are submitting applications to UCAS before they have the 'evidence' they need for predicted grades (ie. Jan mocks) then they shouldnt be submitting them that early.

The UCAS ruling is simple "You cannot add or change predicted grades or references once they have been submitted to UCAS".
It's not lack of evidence, I have months on months of exam results to prove that I work at the A* standard. The predicted grades were completely my college's fault and im furious with them

Is there really nothing I can do? If I want to apply next cycle, how does that work? Do I just withdraw my application and wait until next year?
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by unserious)
It's not lack of evidence, I have months on months of exam results to prove that I work at the A* standard. The predicted grades were completely my college's fault and im furious with them

Is there really nothing I can do? If I want to apply next cycle, how does that work? Do I just withdraw my application and wait until next year?
Its up to your school to contact your Unis asap and to try and persuade them it was a genuine mistake - but there are no guarantees that the Unis will buy this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
34.5%
The paper was reasonable (68)
39.77%
Not feeling great about that exam... (28)
16.37%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.36%

Watched Threads