Should I stay friends with my talking stage guy?

Watch this thread
Michellexb
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I was in a talking stage with a guy and he ended things with me yesterday because his parents are really strict (he’s Pakistani). He’s done things that cause his parents to be strict but idk what cause he hasn’t told me. He said he doesn’t want a relationship where he can’t meet his girl. I also have strict parents because I’ve done stupid things in the past. So there’s barely any way we can meet each other.

He said he will focus on education or otherwise his parents will get him engaged 💀

Anyways my point is that I really want to stay friends with him like we were before he told me he liked me. I don’t know should I stay friends with him or will I look like some girl who’s attached to him too much already?

I don’t know why but I saw a future with him even though we weren’t a thing fully. He told me that if marriage happens it has to be after uni finishes. I will wait for him BUT should I stay friends with him or let him in peace?

HELP ME
Adam92877
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Stay friends and wait after uni, how did you guys meet and how did you know you fell in love.
Michellexb
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
So how do I stay friends with him?

Also I’m not in love I just like him a lot but it’s a shame his and my parents aren’t strict but I’m willing to risk it for him but he very obviously thinks differently.

We met through school but we weren’t friends until last year

He had told me he liked me in November but I took my time liking him because I was scared I was gonna be left hurt. I told him I liked him like 3/4 weeks ago. So I feel like I got played as if his whole plan was to hurt me?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (6)
21.43%
The paper was reasonable (11)
39.29%
Not feeling great about that exam... (9)
32.14%
It was TERRIBLE (2)
7.14%

Watched Threads