Student loneliness

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi Everyone, I was just wondering if anyone feels the same or has been through something similar. I am in my final year of uni and am throwing myself into work so much I'm kind of isolating myself, I even feel lonely in a room full of people. I also have a real fear of meeting new people, it so irrational I know. But I'm always worried that new people are going to turn out to be axe murderers or something haha. I have great flatmates and a lovely family but just don't know what to do, any advice would be greatly appreciated xx
kerry.woollands
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi Everyone, I was just wondering if anyone feels the same or has been through something similar. I am in my final year of uni and am throwing myself into work so much I'm kind of isolating myself, I even feel lonely in a room full of people. I also have a real fear of meeting new people, it so irrational I know. But I'm always worried that new people are going to turn out to be axe murderers or something haha. I have great flatmates and a lovely family but just don't know what to do, any advice would be greatly appreciated xx
I want to let you know you are not alone whatsoever in feeling this way. I currently go to college and I’m not great at meeting new people either - I totally get what you mean about them being axe murderers haha. I think my best advice would be to just take a break. I understand that the pressures of deadlines and projects can weigh on you a bit but it really helps to take that 1 hour break. Do something you love! Go for a long walk or to the gym , read a book , anything that is dedicated to you and your self care. Because self love and being your own best friend is the best place to start in curing loneliness. As for the great relationships you already have , make time to make them even stronger , plan some time with your family , or a movie night with your flatmates. Meeting new people is tough but you will find those that you just connect with and they make you feel comfortable and you can be yourself around ! Hope this helped you <3
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by kerry.woollands)
I want to let you know you are not alone whatsoever in feeling this way. I currently go to college and I’m not great at meeting new people either - I totally get what you mean about them being axe murderers haha. I think my best advice would be to just take a break. I understand that the pressures of deadlines and projects can weigh on you a bit but it really helps to take that 1 hour break. Do something you love! Go for a long walk or to the gym , read a book , anything that is dedicated to you and your self care. Because self love and being your own best friend is the best place to start in curing loneliness. As for the great relationships you already have , make time to make them even stronger , plan some time with your family , or a movie night with your flatmates. Meeting new people is tough but you will find those that you just connect with and they make you feel comfortable and you can be yourself around ! Hope this helped you <3
Thank you do much for your reply It is so lovely to know that I am not alone and I really cannot tell you how grateful I am for the advice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (23)
18.7%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (13)
10.57%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (8)
6.5%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (21)
17.07%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (32)
26.02%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
21.14%

Watched Threads