it’s rude to comment on what people eat

Watch this thread
Mmummy
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
My GP dissed me For eating chips When I’ve consistently eaten chips for ages it’s obviously not the course of my illness and never been ill. It’s not fair when they see fat they think they don’t have a job to do and That been fat it’s like a sin to God So they’re just going to let what ever is coming to you come. Yeah sure I’ve got a problem with my Gallbladder but the stress of fat phobia is creeping up on me that’s gonna make me iller than chips
Mmummy
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
(Original post by Muttly)
Are you really for real? or just fishing for a chip?

All GP's and NHS staff are required through Govt policy through the NHS political wing to lecture and be brutal to fat people to 'educate them' and hope that they stop people putting weight on and getting their weight to 'normal' levels

The Govt has run out of public money because no one is working anymore. The numbers of people turning up at doctors because of fat complicated illnesses is all going through the roof (usual suspects cardiac; fatty liver; gall stones; strokes; gout; diabetes) so the hard talk is the in thing right now. Add Covid cases to the NHS falling apart and you get the picture.

The interesting thing is why you reacted so much? It's a bit like going fishing to catch a minnow and then you end up catching a shark?

If you know all of the answer to your illness then why do you still go to the Doctor's?

That said - I understand your outrage. After all what is a chip between friends? The problem just in between the chips we pack away all the processed food we can lay our hands on. Biscuits, crisps, ice cream, chocolate, McD's KFC's, 5 guys, pizza express, domino's, curries - all as lethal as cocaine and twice as addictive?

I hope in the fullness of time you can find someone to assist you to be in a better place with your health and your fitness. No I am not some do-gooder spouting off. Just another overweight fast food loving loser!!!!
I don’t eat or read salad. Helpful responses please!
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
It's not unreasonable. Chips are high in fat, which can cause issues with the gallbladder.
Mmummy
Rep:
L

(Original post by hungrysalamander)
It's not unreasonable. Chips are high in fat, which can cause issues with the gallbladder.
He literally only thought he had the right to say this because I am overweight.
To the other poster, fat bodies not too be blamed for Tory funding problem s.
hungrysalamander
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Mmummy)
L

He literally only thought he had the right to say this because I am overweight.
To the other poster, fat bodies not too be blamed for Tory funding problem s.
He said it because it's in your best interest to eat healthier, that has nothing to do with tories. Now, didn't you say that Muttly's response was unhelpful?

I don’t eat or read salad. Helpful responses please!
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
It is not rude to comment on dietary consumption or weight when given as medical advice and received during an appointment with a healthcare professional that may be relevant to current health issues diagnosed or requiring treatment and those most likely to develop unless diet & lifestyle habits drastically change.
Muttly
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Ok this hopefully a helpful response too (related to chips) This is for information only and does not insinuate or suggest any diagnosis. It is a response to the post.

Your gallbladder (situated in your liver) produces bile salts when fatty foods are eaten. You gall bladder ducts can be blocked by gall stones which cause all sorts of horrible pain and sometimes the only way to stop these is to have them removed by surgery.

Chips have a very high surface area (particularly fries) which absorb the cooking lard, oil, fat - they are high density calorie foods

If you are overweight and have a high fat diet you can be predisposed toward fatty liver disease.

Stages of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) - Information below is from the NHS web site

NAFLD develops in 4 main stages.

Most people will only ever develop the first stage, usually without realising it.

In a small number of cases, it can progress and eventually lead to liver damage if not detected and managed.

The main stages of NAFLD are:

simple fatty liver (steatosis) – a largely harmless build-up of fat in the liver cells that may only be diagnosed during tests carried out for another reason

non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) – a more serious form of NAFLD, where the liver has become inflamed

fibrosis – where persistent inflammation causes scar tissue around the liver and nearby blood vessels, but the liver is still able to function normally

cirrhosis – the most severe stage, occurring after years of inflammation, where the liver shrinks and becomes scarred and lumpy; this damage is permanent and can lead to liver failure (where your liver stops working properly) and liver cancer

It can take years for fibrosis or cirrhosis to develop. It's important to make lifestyle changes to prevent the condition getting worse.

Am I at risk of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD)?
You're at an increased risk of NAFLD if you:

are obese or overweight – particularly if you have a lot of fat around your waist (an "apple-like" body shape)
have type 2 diabetes
have a condition that affects how your body uses insulin
are insulin resistance, such as polycystic ovary syndrome
have an underactive thyroid
have high blood pressure
have high cholesterol
have metabolic syndrome (a combination of diabetes, high blood pressure and obesity)
are over the age of 50
smoke
But NAFLD has been diagnosed in people without any of these risk factors, including young children.

Although it's very similar to alcohol-related liver disease (ARLD), NAFLD is not caused by drinking too much alcohol.
Mmummy
Rep:
(Original post by Muttly)
Ok this hopefully a helpful response too (related to chips) This is for information only and does not insinuate or suggest any diagnosis. It is a response to the post.

Your gallbladder (situated in your liver) produces bile salts when fatty foods are eaten. You gall bladder ducts can be blocked by gall stones which cause all sorts of horrible pain and sometimes the only way to stop these is to have them removed by surgery.

Chips have a very high surface area (particularly fries) which absorb the cooking lard, oil, fat - they are high density calorie foods

If you are overweight and have a high fat diet you can be predisposed toward fatty liver disease.

Stages of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) - Information below is from the NHS web site

NAFLD develops in 4 main stages.

Most people will only ever develop the first stage, usually without realising it.

In a small number of cases, it can progress and eventually lead to liver damage if not detected and managed.

The main stages of NAFLD are:

simple fatty liver (steatosis) – a largely harmless build-up of fat in the liver cells that may only be diagnosed during tests carried out for another reason

non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) – a more serious form of NAFLD, where the liver has become inflamed

fibrosis – where persistent inflammation causes scar tissue around the liver and nearby blood vessels, but the liver is still able to function normally

cirrhosis – the most severe stage, occurring after years of inflammation, where the liver shrinks and becomes scarred and lumpy; this damage is permanent and can lead to liver failure (where your liver stops working properly) and liver cancer

It can take years for fibrosis or cirrhosis to develop. It's important to make lifestyle changes to prevent the condition getting worse.

Am I at risk of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD)?
You're at an increased risk of NAFLD if you:

are obese or overweight – particularly if you have a lot of fat around your waist (an "apple-like" body shape)
have type 2 diabetes
have a condition that affects how your body uses insulin
are insulin resistance, such as polycystic ovary syndrome
have an underactive thyroid
have high blood pressure
have high cholesterol
have metabolic syndrome (a combination of diabetes, high blood pressure and obesity)
are over the age of 50
smoke
But NAFLD has been diagnosed in people without any of these risk factors, including young children.

Although it's very similar to alcohol-related liver disease (ARLD), NAFLD is not caused by drinking too much alcohol.
Well the fat doctor says being fat is ok. I’ve watched her on Tiktok. She’s an expert
hungrysalamander
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Well the fat doctor says being fat is ok. I’ve watched her on Tiktok. She’s an expert
Ahh yes. **** tock, the most reliable source of information. Which medical school did "the fat doctor" go to?
Mmummy
Rep:
Ahh yes. **** tock, the most reliable source of information. Which medical school did "the fat doctor" go to?
She’s called Natasha Laramie. Look her up. GMC registered
Last edited by Mmummy; 3 months ago
wifd149
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
**** tok insanity: “Being fit is racist” (https://youtu.be/e_BFLM_FKoA) :rofl:

Mmummy
Rep:
(Original post by wifd149)

Bigotry, just bigoted
hungrysalamander
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
She’s called Natasha Laramie. Look her up. GMC registered
lol she sounds delusional. How she still has her license is beyond me
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...od-health.html
If you want to read about other sources on why obesity is unhealthy:
Obese people have a higher mortality rate from COVID
It is a major risk factor for coronary heart disease, stroke and type 2 diabetes
https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/adult/causes.html
Moderate obesity can reduce life expectancy for up to 3 years; 10 years for severely obese individuals
Last edited by hungrysalamander; 3 months ago
hungrysalamander
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by wifd149)

We need a better education system. As an Asian person, no, it's not racist to be fit.
Last edited by hungrysalamander; 3 months ago
wifd149
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Long story short, avoiding cardiac arrests, that jazzy fatty liver, and anything else that’s scary.
Mmummy
Rep:
Correlation not causation. Don’t account for stress, it’s impact on lifespan and fat phobia.
hungrysalamander
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
sufys12 would you like to join this delightful conversation?
hungrysalamander
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Correlation not causation. Don’t account for stress, it’s impact on lifespan and fat phobia.
Don't use phrases that you don't understand. Are you implying that all obese people are stressed?
Mmummy
Rep:
sufys12 would you like to join this delightful conversation?
I only want educated people on gas thread. You and your mate need to go away!
black tea
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
This is clearly a troll, people. Ignore and move on.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.94%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.36%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.58%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (34)
25.76%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
19.7%

Watched Threads