UK Foundation year or no?

Watch this thread
butterflygun35
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I am an international student and my question is if you apply for the first year entry point to a particular university and they happen to reject you, what can you except to see in the response? Do they offer a foundation year? Or are you better off just applying to the foundation year instead as the qualifications do not match their requirements? Just want to know if anyone has knowledge on this and advice on whether I should rather apply for a foundation year to increase my chances of being accepted or do they provide the offer regardless?

A response would be much appreciated!
De Montfort University
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by butterflygun35)
I am an international student and my question is if you apply for the first year entry point to a particular university and they happen to reject you, what can you except to see in the response? Do they offer a foundation year? Or are you better off just applying to the foundation year instead as the qualifications do not match their requirements? Just want to know if anyone has knowledge on this and advice on whether I should rather apply for a foundation year to increase my chances of being accepted or do they provide the offer regardless?

Hey butterflygun35!

Being an international student myself, I completely understand the concerns that you have. Some universities would give you a cross offer to another programme you qualify for. However, to avoid disappointment, I strongly suggest that you contact the universities you are interested in and explain to them that you're interested in a particular course, what your qualifications are, ask about the chances of being accepted into the course and any recommendations that they have. This will help you a lot in making a decision.

I hope this helps! If you have any other concerns or questions, don't hesitate to ask. I'll be more than happy to help you! From one international student to another :five:.

- Dennis (PhD Air Transport Management student)
Manchester Metropolitan University
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
H

(Original post by butterflygun35)

Hi butterflygun35

Its compeltely understandable you have reservations about applying for courses. My best recommendation would be to contact the universities you are interested in and check if your International qualifications will meet their entry requirements for the course you are interested in. For some universities they may offer you their foundation year, if you do not meet the requirements but usually this is not guaranteed and it will be different for every university.

Usually, the university will be able to give you their recommendations based on your qualifications. Most universities will have a dedicated International team who will be able to handle your enquiry.

I hope this helps. Good luck with your applications!

Carly
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (252)
42.86%
The paper was reasonable (246)
41.84%
Not feeling great about that exam... (52)
8.84%
It was TERRIBLE (38)
6.46%

Watched Threads