I am struggling.

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Ok so, I am honestly not doing good right now. My home situation is very fraught and this year is going downhill. I keep getting rejected from everything I apply to or from things that really matter to me. E.g. I have been rejected from two of my universities and I expect a third rejection very soon - although I hold two offers, unfortunately my school situation is such that people usually get 4 or 5 offers, so honestly I feel pretty rubbish. I apply for SO many things and I keep on getting rejected. It’s always ‘your application has been unsuccessful’ and ironically, my grades are also dropping. I see friends and peers constantly get chosen to do things or always get accepted and are always presented with opportunities. I see people who barely try at their subjects get A* whereas I, who did SO MUCH work have to settle for a B. I guess it’s just the constant rejection that has made me so insecure. I apply for things and don’t expect to get in, and I try not to get my hopes up, because if I do, I know I’ll just be disappointed. And as if things couldn’t get any worse, I’ve lost quite a few of my close friends this year. We just drifted apart and they found better people. All of this has made me depressed and miserable and bitter. I find it so difficult to be truly happy for someone eg getting accepted into a uni I got rejected from, or getting a good grade. I just feel so bitter and unhappy all the time. I stg people always say that life has uphills and downhills, but ever since i can remember, my life has been a constant downhill. Anything good that happens is quickly overtaken by something bad. I just want to make my parents proud of me, I want them to be able to boast about me and I can’t even do that. I know they feel like the money they have spent behind my education has gone to waste. I know someone will reply saying ‘why don’t you talk to someone?’ but the truth is, I can’t. My parents don’t understand and wouldn’t get me a therapist to talk to; and I don’t even know if that will do much good, I have trouble talking about my feelings and websites like this are best because it is anonymous. I constantly feel dumb and out of my depth with school and I guess I’ve just taken to asking the stupidest questions or just being the ‘dumb friend’ so I can remain interesting enough for people to talk to me.
I’m so done with everything now - I’m never gonna get anywhere in life, and just these experiences foreshadow what the rest of my life will be; constant rejections and a never ending cycle.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Ok so, I am honestly not doing good right now. My home situation is very fraught and this year is going downhill. I keep getting rejected from everything I apply to or from things that really matter to me. E.g. I have been rejected from two of my universities and I expect a third rejection very soon - although I hold two offers, unfortunately my school situation is such that people usually get 4 or 5 offers, so honestly I feel pretty rubbish. I apply for SO many things and I keep on getting rejected. It’s always ‘your application has been unsuccessful’ and ironically, my grades are also dropping. I see friends and peers constantly get chosen to do things or always get accepted and are always presented with opportunities. I see people who barely try at their subjects get A* whereas I, who did SO MUCH work have to settle for a B. I guess it’s just the constant rejection that has made me so insecure. I apply for things and don’t expect to get in, and I try not to get my hopes up, because if I do, I know I’ll just be disappointed. And as if things couldn’t get any worse, I’ve lost quite a few of my close friends this year. We just drifted apart and they found better people. All of this has made me depressed and miserable and bitter. I find it so difficult to be truly happy for someone eg getting accepted into a uni I got rejected from, or getting a good grade. I just feel so bitter and unhappy all the time. I stg people always say that life has uphills and downhills, but ever since i can remember, my life has been a constant downhill. Anything good that happens is quickly overtaken by something bad. I just want to make my parents proud of me, I want them to be able to boast about me and I can’t even do that. I know they feel like the money they have spent behind my education has gone to waste. I know someone will reply saying ‘why don’t you talk to someone?’ but the truth is, I can’t. My parents don’t understand and wouldn’t get me a therapist to talk to; and I don’t even know if that will do much good, I have trouble talking about my feelings and websites like this are best because it is anonymous. I constantly feel dumb and out of my depth with school and I guess I’ve just taken to asking the stupidest questions or just being the ‘dumb friend’ so I can remain interesting enough for people to talk to me.
I’m so done with everything now - I’m never gonna get anywhere in life, and just these experiences foreshadow what the rest of my life will be; constant rejections and a never ending cycle.
You need to place less emphasis on university, you can still have a life if you don't go there and weather you go or not doesn't determine who your are or it shouldn't determine your self wort either

On a different note, your obsession is not good. Seek help. This is clearly getting to you for some reason.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
21.69%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
13.25%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
4.82%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (14)
16.87%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20.48%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
22.89%

Watched Threads