Friend keeps trying to compete with me at uni

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
There's a guy who keeps trying to compete with me on the course. And he's becoming more and more aggressive. I find the competitiveness on the course childish especially since I'm struggling and loads of others are struggling. And its pissing me off a bit.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
Honestly, sounds hard but ignore him. Focus on your own work and how well you’re doing rather than what he’s doing, he’s obviously very deeply insecure about his own abilities (as annoying as it is). Just focus on yourself and your own grades and you’ll be right
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Honestly, sounds hard but ignore him. Focus on your own work and how well you’re doing rather than what he’s doing, he’s obviously very deeply insecure about his own abilities (as annoying as it is). Just focus on yourself and your own grades and you’ll be right
Thanks
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Yeah, I agree, the best thing to do is ignore him. Another option is to just have an honest conversation with him, and say that rather than being competitive why don't both of you just be friendly and supportive instead. It depends on the type of person he is, because sometimes if you ignore people they still do the same things anyways and some people respond better to a direct conversation because they didn't realise how there actions were making you feel. So, you can try ignoring and if it doesn't work then try being direct. If after both these things he still doesn't stop and it is really aggravating you I would talk to the course head about it, and they will be able to have a conversation with this person and if you are in the same similar group can move him or you into a different one.

- Rosie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (156)
41.82%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.5%
No (148)
39.68%

Watched Threads