The Student Room Group

Is GCSE ICT / IT actually important?

So basically, I'm like, really far behind in ict. My class is doing a magazine advert project and we were supposed to have finished and exported it last lesson, but I missed last lesson and one or two others, effectively putting me behind. If I'm being honest, I couldn't really care less about ict. I don't like the subject and I don't like the teacher, and I also highly doubt I'll ever need to make such an advert in my life.

I'm hoping to skip my next ict lesson, since my friend still has covid, and I don't plan on doing the lesson alone anytime soon. This would be maybe the third or fourth time I've missed a lesson, and I can't help but wonder whether or not passing the subject would be important. It's a compulsory subject at my school, so I can't drop out of it, as much as I would like to. I've heard that my teacher went off a bit on a couple of my classmates for having mid lesson breakdowns, or missing several lessons due to personal problems (like thats even their fault luv<3)

Again, its compulsory so I'd figure the subject itself would be somewhat important, but I don't think my final grade would take too much of a hit from it.

Another thing is that I tend to take my time on things like this. For example, we're making magazine covers in DT and I spent ages trying to get a picture and did practically nothing all lesson. That means that when I actually get on with finishing it so I can move on to part 4 of the project, I'll be taking more time that I probably should on it, and I know I will, because I stayed back for an hour and a half last week and got basically nowhere. Put one picture and spent the rest of my time trying to smooth out my title fade into the background more.

Sorry this kind of ended up becoming a bit of a rant, but actually though, should I be more concerned about catching up and stuff? Would it do much damage to fail ICT?
Reply 1
(Unless you're in Northern Ireland) it's not actually a GCSE, but some other Level 2 qualification - a CNAT or BTEC probably. Not getting it isn't likely to make any difference to you.

Quick Reply

Latest