I am not tired and haven’t slept for a day

Watch this thread
Anon346775
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
what do I do?
sppedcup
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
chamomile tea
or take medication, not recommended
Anon346775
Rep:
(Original post by sppedcup)
chamomile tea
or take medication, not recommended
amitriptyline works sometimes not all the time
sppedcup
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anon346775)
amitriptyline works sometimes not all the time
maybe youre stressed?
i hate not being able to sleep too
worst thing ever
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Nothing. You will fall asleep eventually. Staying up for a night won't kill you.
username5883489
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
for short term benefit a sedative anti-histamine might work, pending any contraindictions with current medications, that being said speaking to a GP first would be advised.

otherwise, attempt to set a regular sleeping pattern both going to sleep and waking, cut out devices at least an hour before bed and remove them from bedroom if at all possible. and don't oversleep
Anon346775
Rep:
(Original post by sppedcup)
maybe youre stressed?
i hate not being able to sleep too
worst thing ever
I am not stressed, theres nothing to stress about. For the past few days I have slept and woke up but remained in bed, can’t be bothered doing anything.
Anon346775
Rep:
When it becomes a couple of days its a problem. This is the second night.
black tea
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
When it becomes a couple of days its a problem. This is the second night.
I wouldn't worry about 2 nights either, personally, but you know yourself best and if you think it's becoming a problem, the sensible thing to do would be to get professional advice if things that usually help you sleep aren't working.
j25_8
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
what do I do?
This has happened to me before. I was awake for 2 days and 20 hrs before i fell asleep. To fall asleep, I just took a hot bath for 45 min and listened to some peaceful music (well I had Vienna by Ultravox on repeat haha). Then I got out basically ready to sleep but i didn’t wanna feel jittery again so i turned on my lamp, put my tv on but low volume (on a cartoon) and finally put on some ambient rain from YouTube you know the ASMR type. Changed my bedsheets and finally jumped into bed and within about another 30 mins i dosed off. I thought it wasn’t working for the first 20 min but it eventually did happen
CosmicApathy1
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Methamphetamine would be great
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
There's no need to do anything if you have not slept for a few days and are eating normally without feeling tired or in any pain.
Read books, study, do some light exercise, watch dvds or the tv, listen to music, .
But if it goes on for longer than a week and you are not sleeping at all, you may be suffering from a sleep disorder or struggling to cope with intense trauma/stress.
M.Alkarkhi
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
It's actually normal. Humans tend to be happy the first night but every subsequent night after you'll feel tired af
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (61)
15.76%
The paper was reasonable (190)
49.1%
Not feeling great about that exam... (97)
25.06%
It was TERRIBLE (39)
10.08%

Watched Threads