The Student Room Group
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester

Unrealistic Conditions from Uni

So I only do 2 Alevels, and I'm predicted a B in both of them. Because of this, I applied to do foundation years in most of the courses I applied to because I knew it would be difficult to reach the entry requirements on the normal courses.

One of the unis I applied to is Winchester. Last week, they changed my application from Psychology with a Foundation Year to just Psychology (I wasn't aware this change was being made until I got an email from UCAS Track telling me there was an update to my application.) Yesterday, Winchester gave me an offer under the conditions that I get 112 UCAS points.

This would be impossible for me because, again, I only do 2 Alevels and I'm predicted 2 B's (80 UCAS points). I would have to get 2 A*s in order to achieve that many UCAS points.

What on earth do I do about this? I was going to put Winchester as my insurance choice but now I can't because of the impossible conditions on my offer.
Original post by pers.eus
So I only do 2 Alevels, and I'm predicted a B in both of them. Because of this, I applied to do foundation years in most of the courses I applied to because I knew it would be difficult to reach the entry requirements on the normal courses.

One of the unis I applied to is Winchester. Last week, they changed my application from Psychology with a Foundation Year to just Psychology (I wasn't aware this change was being made until I got an email from UCAS Track telling me there was an update to my application.) Yesterday, Winchester gave me an offer under the conditions that I get 112 UCAS points.

This would be impossible for me because, again, I only do 2 Alevels and I'm predicted 2 B's (80 UCAS points). I would have to get 2 A*s in order to achieve that many UCAS points.

What on earth do I do about this? I was going to put Winchester as my insurance choice but now I can't because of the impossible conditions on my offer.

Have you contacted Winchester to ask why they are considering you for the BSc. now, rather than the Fd?
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester
Reply 2
Original post by pers.eus

Just phone Winchester Admissions and explain the problem to them.Admissions are always really friendly.
As above, it's definitely worth calling to discuss this with them.

I would also ask them if you were to accept and then miss this offer, would you automatically be considered for the FY again? And if so, are they reasonably certain that you'd be admitted with 80 points?
Hello @pers.eus

Sorry for any confusion caused! As mentioned above, if you give our admissions team a quick call on 01962 827234 they'll be let you know what has happened :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest