Day 9 of covid and my work is desperate to get me back in

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Okay so story time 😂 2 weeks ago on Friday. There was a rise of covid cases at the nursery I work in, babies were getting it! It started from a couple cases to about 10 over the weekend. Ever since its been rising. I went back to work on Monday. Reminding myself I am fully vaccinated! I do wash my hands constantly to the point they bleed.. Ah sure I will be fine! Let's just keep it normal for the kids that are in. Then Tuesday last week came along. It was my day off I thought I better go for a pcr cause well I was hugging the babies with it! I then started getting this awful dry sore throat so I thought ah I'll be careful and take a lateral flow.. Within 10 minutes it came up as positive! God I was panicking so much. The following morning my pcr came back positive

Now I really really enjoyed the first 3 days of isolation, some days off work! Some alone time! God even my ex was talking to me checking about how I was feeling! I was so happy 😂 came the 6th day and I was still positive then the 7th. Then I got really sick and tired of it. I was crying in my room desperate just to go talk to my parents and my sister! Desperate for fresh air! I'm bored out of my mind!

Now it's day 9. I'm still positive still got symptoms! My work keeps telling me oh do a test in the morning then a test at night and again at the same day the day after. Look I totally understand how frustrating it is with short staff etc! But I'm generally STILL POSITIVE. 😭

I feel so bad I actually really miss the kids but I know I will miss the time off anyway! My question is this normal for it to still be positive? The rest of my colleges that tested positive last week are already negative 😭 I don't get it.

Sorry for the rant. I do return back to work on Friday but I am just in great need of reassurance!
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
If you are positive and have symptoms then that's really the end of it - you still have covid, you'll still have to isolate. Speak with your GP if you have any concerns about the duration - you can also call 119 for general questions.

Also if you are genuinely washing your hands "until they bleed" then that is likely going to negate the benefit of washing your hands as you create open wounds through which infection can travel...
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
Yes, it can happen. Mine was still positive on day 10, but I was told by a doctor (virologist, for what it's with) that the cancer of you been infectious after day 10, even with positive LFT, is very low.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yes, it can happen. Mine was still positive on day 10, but I was told by a doctor (virologist, for what it's with) that the cancer of you been infectious after day 10, even with positive LFT, is very low.
Oh thank you so so much that's so reasurring! I'm going back to work this Friday.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (277)
41.84%
The paper was reasonable (275)
41.54%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.06%
It was TERRIBLE (50)
7.55%

Watched Threads