york colleges

Watch this thread
rwarner25
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
does anyone know anything about the york colleges? how do you choose them? which one is the most fun? someone give me the insider knowledge
University of York
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by rwarner25)
does anyone know anything about the york colleges? how do you choose them? which one is the most fun? someone give me the insider knowledge
Hi rwarner25

You can find out about our colleges on this web page and get a sense of the character of each college and what facilities they have.

You choose your college preference when you pick your accommodation options. Check out our accommodation options within each college to see which options suit you best. It will depend on whether you're looking for shared bathroom or ensuite, catered or self catered, and your budget.

From my experience, each college has a good mix of students! Although there are college stereotypes, each year is so different and I'm sure you'll have a great time at York wherever you choose!

Some colleges are on Campus East and some are on Campus West. Find out where your department is based using our campus map and have a think about whether you want to live on the same campus as your department. It can be more convenient to live near your department, but there's a regular free shuttle bus between campuses so you can easily live on either campus!

I hope this helps!

Hazel
AveriNova
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by rwarner25)
choose based on your income situation and where your course is based, the number of people i know who regret choosing to live on a different campus to where they study because they didn't realise how busy the bus stop gets, or how early they would have to get up. Based on general stereotypes, Alcuin is quiet, James is sporty, derwent is **** but throw good parties, vanbrugh is average, langwith is cool but loud, constantine is for rich people, and goodricke basically doesnt exist

those stereotypes dont really matter or account for anything though, its all based on who you surround yourself with at the uni.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (23)
18.7%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (13)
10.57%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (8)
6.5%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (21)
17.07%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (32)
26.02%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
21.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed