A level stress

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Heya. I was wondering how other a level students deal with the work and stress of it? I'm extremely easy to trigger and just trying to do an assignment outside class can quickly push me into breaking down. It's way too difficult to work some days and I'm just constantly feeling low, anxious and stressed out. My focus is just non existent and i really don't have motivation. I'm waiting for my counselling because I'm not really mentally well but it's been 8 months now and I'm still waiting. Part of me really just wants to give up. I don't know what I'm doing.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Heya. I was wondering how other a level students deal with the work and stress of it? I'm extremely easy to trigger and just trying to do an assignment outside class can quickly push me into breaking down. It's way too difficult to work some days and I'm just constantly feeling low, anxious and stressed out. My focus is just non existent and i really don't have motivation. I'm waiting for my counselling because I'm not really mentally well but it's been 8 months now and I'm still waiting. Part of me really just wants to give up. I don't know what I'm doing.
I know A-levels can be tough, if your stress is derived from the complexity of the work I do suggest asking a teacher for help. I know that’s the last thing anyone wants to do, but they’re there to help and it may help you get through the work if they just give you a nudge in the right direction.

What type of environment are you working in?
A study group with friends may help to lift the mood a bit, doing things collectively may help to motivate you. But this really depends on the type of people, there is always the risk of distraction with this.

What specifically is causing stress, if I may ask?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I know A-levels can be tough, if your stress is derived from the complexity of the work I do suggest asking a teacher for help. I know that’s the last thing anyone wants to do, but they’re there to help and it may help you get through the work if they just give you a nudge in the right direction.

What type of environment are you working in?
A study group with friends may help to lift the mood a bit, doing things collectively may help to motivate you. But this really depends on the type of people, there is always the risk of distraction with this.

What specifically is causing stress, if I may ask?
If I'm going to be honest, I'm really not sure. I seriously struggle with focus and my mind gets really foggy so it gets incredibly stressful for me to work. I don't exactly find the work very complex, I guess I just find myself feeling so low and fatigued frequently that its hard to do anything.

I usually work in my room, there isn't anywhere else in the house I can work. My parents make me pretty anxious to be around and there is a screaming baby.

I'm thinking of trying to stay after my class in the college to do independent work, i find it a lot easier like that, but it's something i can only do once a week. The college is 2 hours away, and honestly its just not safe if i come home any later than six. Streets are kinda sketchy and it gets dark quickly...

For working with others, i only really have one friend i can do that with but she has work and doesn't like staying for study very often. Plus, i sometimes feel rather restricted when working with people. I get way too anxious and it's even harder to work.

It sucks so much ;^;. I've been struggling to go in lately too because I've hit a really bad low recently. It's all such a constant struggle. Thankfully the head of a levels is pretty understanding and she's making sure I'm okay.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
If I'm going to be honest, I'm really not sure. I seriously struggle with focus and my mind gets really foggy so it gets incredibly stressful for me to work. I don't exactly find the work very complex, I guess I just find myself feeling so low and fatigued frequently that its hard to do anything.

I usually work in my room, there isn't anywhere else in the house I can work. My parents make me pretty anxious to be around and there is a screaming baby.

I'm thinking of trying to stay after my class in the college to do independent work, i find it a lot easier like that, but it's something i can only do once a week. The college is 2 hours away, and honestly its just not safe if i come home any later than six. Streets are kinda sketchy and it gets dark quickly...

For working with others, i only really have one friend i can do that with but she has work and doesn't like staying for study very often. Plus, i sometimes feel rather restricted when working with people. I get way too anxious and it's even harder to work.

It sucks so much ;^;. I've been struggling to go in lately too because I've hit a really bad low recently. It's all such a constant struggle. Thankfully the head of a levels is pretty understanding and she's making sure I'm okay.
It sounds like you’ve got some support at college then which is good.

Do you have an libraries closer to home that you could study in? The quiet space may help if you cannot stay at college very often.
Anonymous #3
Report 3 months ago
Why do you go to college 2 hours away? That’s ridiculous. There has to be something closer and then you could actually study there.
Anonymous #4
Report 3 months ago
I just didn't take a levels and didn't get any stress. I didn't go university, didn't do a levels and its the best thing I've ever done. You could quit A levels and do something else instead
Anonymous #4
Report 3 months ago
Like gcses you have to do them by law but A levels are totally optional
Anonymous #5
Report 3 months ago
Hey, I’m in year 13 too and it’s extremely hard. There are days when I freak out and my brain just explodes because I’m so overwhelmed with the content. I’ve never been good at dealing with stress but what I found helps me is to go over and spend a few hours understanding what I learn in lessons, the day I learn them. This takes off some of the stress as the content isn’t piling up on me. a levels are extremely hard and you’re not alone in feeling this way.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (16)
23.19%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (7)
10.14%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
5.8%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (10)
14.49%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (16)
23.19%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
23.19%

Watched Threads