What does the summer pool at Cambridge mean?

Watch this thread
Elisabeth Hughes
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi, hope everyone's doing well, especially after decisions day! :0 Yesterday I was rejected for English at Fitzwilliam after being pooled, but at the bottom of my letter it says I'm eligible for something called the summer pool? Not sure how this works seeing as I already got rejected, does this mean there's still potential to get a place once A-Level results are out? Has anyone gotten in through the summer pool before?
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Elisabeth Hughes)
Hi, hope everyone's doing well, especially after decisions day! :0 Yesterday I was rejected for English at Fitzwilliam after being pooled, but at the bottom of my letter it says I'm eligible for something called the summer pool? Not sure how this works seeing as I already got rejected, does this mean there's still potential to get a place once A-Level results are out? Has anyone gotten in through the summer pool before?
There is a complete explanation of the summer pool from Peterhouse Admission on the main Applicants thread you were posting on yesterday. It was posted in the evening - have a look.
Elisabeth Hughes
Rep:
(Original post by Reality Check)
There is a complete explanation of the summer pool from Peterhouse Admission on the main Applicants thread you were posting on yesterday. It was posted in the evening - have a look.
Ok, thank you! Ngl at this point in exam season I can barely read, so doesn't surprise me that I missed the post lmao
username5883489
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Applicants can be selected from the summer pool by any college once external examinations have taken place.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Ok, thank you! Ngl at this point in exam season I can barely read, so doesn't surprise me that I missed the post lmao
I can quite understand that - it was quite a day, yesterday. If you can't find it, come back to me and I'll see if I can.
Peterhouse Admissions
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
The post is here (#8373)
Elisabeth Hughes
Rep:
(Original post by Peterhouse Admissions)
The post is here (#8373)
Thank you! Sorry, just a quick question - are people who miss their offers also included in the same pool, or is it a separate pool for widening participation?
Peterhouse Admissions
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Thank you! Sorry, just a quick question - are people who miss their offers also included in the same pool, or is it a separate pool for widening participation?
The Summer Pool and August Reconsideration Pool run concurrently, but I believe the files are kept separate. Even if they're combined, files will be clearly marked to show who is in which group.
Elisabeth Hughes
Rep:
(Original post by Peterhouse Admissions)
The Summer Pool and August Reconsideration Pool run concurrently, but I believe the files are kept separate. Even if they're combined, files will be clearly marked to show who is in which group.
Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
21.74%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (1)
4.35%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
17.39%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (2)
8.7%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (6)
26.09%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (5)
21.74%

Watched Threads