The Student Room Group

Worried about uni options

I applied to study law at Cambridge, Bristol, UCL, Warwick and Exeter and have been rejected from Cambridge now and I have an offer from Bristol.
It sounds stupid but like I'm not even sure if I want to go to any of the other unis I've applied to as I was so set on Cambridge and the college sort of lifestyle that idk I'm not rlly sure what to do now. Any advice would be helpful or any experiences at my other uni options would be greatly appreciated
I also applied to study Law at Cambridge (and have been placed in the Summer Pool - not sure what that is and have asked). Your other universities all seem like amazing choices. I also applied to Warwick and Exeter (as well as Durham and York). The collegiate aspect of Oxbridge is definitely hard to replicate (though Durham has given it a good try) and I'm sure you will thrive regardless of the style of accomodation/college. Your compatibility with the teaching methods is of greater importance! Do you like the modules, city, etc? The disappointment is absolutely crushing but you applied to one of the hardest degrees in the UK to get into and clearly got to interview which is a huge achievement in itself. There are negatives to Oxbridge as well as the positives. You could always reapply but I'd advise to see which offers you get and choose the teaching and environment which will best suit you!
Reply 2
Original post by M Zhandos AV
I also applied to study Law at Cambridge (and have been placed in the Summer Pool - not sure what that is and have asked). Your other universities all seem like amazing choices. I also applied to Warwick and Exeter (as well as Durham and York). The collegiate aspect of Oxbridge is definitely hard to replicate (though Durham has given it a good try) and I'm sure you will thrive regardless of the style of accomodation/college. Your compatibility with the teaching methods is of greater importance! Do you like the modules, city, etc? The disappointment is absolutely crushing but you applied to one of the hardest degrees in the UK to get into and clearly got to interview which is a huge achievement in itself. There are negatives to Oxbridge as well as the positives. You could always reapply but I'd advise to see which offers you get and choose the teaching and environment which will best suit you!

Thank you and well done for being placed in the summer pool! I was told I was put in the winter pool and then rejected afterwards. Yeah honestly I think I need to have a proper think about my options as now that I've been rejected from Cambridge I feel quite lost tbh as weird as that sounds. Thank you for the advice tho it means a lot and I wish you the best for your other applications!

Quick Reply

Latest