The Student Room Group

Best MSc Computer Science - Online Course

I have read the many unfavourable reviews of HEP Computer Science masters. I'm wondering if there are any decent non-HEP CS MScs under £9000 for the whole course. I have my eyes on UOL and Northumbria.

The downsides to UOL are having to pay extra for exams, and no reviews as it is a new course. The downside to Northumbria is the major project is a research essay rather than a development project. Any input or suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by sld77
I have read the many unfavourable reviews of HEP Computer Science masters. I'm wondering if there are any decent non-HEP CS MScs under £9000 for the whole course. I have my eyes on UOL and Northumbria.

The downsides to UOL are having to pay extra for exams, and no reviews as it is a new course. The downside to Northumbria is the major project is a research essay rather than a development project. Any input or suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.

What is HEP?
Reply 2
Hi Hk30. I'm at Northumbria doing MSc Computer Science (distance learning). I've done most modules. Only one left, then final project. From what I know, it's a development project with a write-up. I remember asking and I'm pretty sure this is what I was told.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending