Disseration plan help

Watch this thread
jayeloulou13
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
i can think of what to add in my plan or put what ive got already the title is The impact of gang culture on children and young people in the uk .
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
What is the question sorry?
What're you doing on this topic, out of interest, i assume your supervisor has made you focus on a specific aspect of gang culture as opposed to the whole thing? That being a touch tricky to do in, what i assume, is an undergrad disso?
jayeloulou13
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Napp)
What is the question sorry?
What're you doing on this topic, out of interest, i assume your supervisor has made you focus on a specific aspect of gang culture as opposed to the whole thing? That being a touch tricky to do in, what i assume, is an undergrad disso?
yes, it's an undergraduate dissertation.

i did have it on
The impact of gang violence and knife crime on children and youths in the UK but told to go with gang violence instead
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
There will likely be more accessible literature on gang violence, and thus it should be easier to get a handle on it.

The plan (not that I ever did one!) should include your prospective chapter titles, the approach you plan to take, some resources you expect to use (data, books, journals etc) along with expected timeframes for each step
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi, that sounds like an interest topic area! As it's undergrad, I'm assuming it's literature review based. This is a helpful planner: https://www.ed.ac.uk/files/atoms/fil...march_2015.pdf

It is useful to work out how many weeks you have until you need to submit your completed dissertation, and draw a chart allocating time for each task you need to do. This should include time for research, finding the journals/articles you like, picking out key information (it can be good to make a table of this), after this come up with themes, use these as headings in your assignment, use the information you found to make insightful comments, and after you have done this you should read through your work and see if you feel certain paragraphs are lacking, if arguments need more evidence/ strengthening, and allocate time for making a summary, reading through your work, making changes, making sure it meets the word count, referencing and time to get all the formats correct i.e. line spacing, font etc.

This provides good insight into planning and writing a dissertation: https://www.bangor.ac.uk/studyskills...project.php.en

- Rosie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (156)
41.82%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.5%
No (148)
39.68%

Watched Threads