Should I cancel interview

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I have an interview for an internship. I have two degrees and have already done a placement plus apprenticeship but honestly can’t seem to climb the career ladder and recently got rejected from a student level job. I don’t understand why I can’t get anything better with my experience. People are really surprised when I say my salaries and jobs bave actually gotten worse over the years. I’m thinking if I should cancel this interview cause I’m being ridiculous. If they ask why I’m doing it with my experience what do I say cause I can’t say it’s since I can’t get anything better.
Anonymous #1
Bump
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
i get where ur coming at, maybe grind on a sh.t permanent job then level up, but idk im proper stressed cah i got interviews soon. can wait to to bun a zxxt after my interviews finish. then inshallah there will be offer but who knows ygm my g
yeet_21
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
your internship days are over
better off getting a sh*t job until you find something better
Anonymous #1
(Original post by yeet_21)
your internship days are over
better off getting a sh*t job until you find something better
Do you actually think so? Because it’s a very reputable company I wondered if the internship would look better on my cv and I’d get more enjoyment potentially
yeet_21
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Do you actually think so? Because it’s a very reputable company I wondered if the internship would look better on my cv and I’d get more enjoyment potentially
it's worth a punt then
but don't see why a company would hire an overqualified person rather than an actual student for an internship..
brandonbshah
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have an interview for an internship. I have two degrees and have already done a placement plus apprenticeship but honestly can’t seem to climb the career ladder and recently got rejected from a student level job. I don’t understand why I can’t get anything better with my experience. People are really surprised when I say my salaries and jobs bave actually gotten worse over the years. I’m thinking if I should cancel this interview cause I’m being ridiculous. If they ask why I’m doing it with my experience what do I say cause I can’t say it’s since I can’t get anything better.
I'd definitely recommend going to the interview, and being open and honest with them about your future with them post the internship, if they can't give you any reassurance about the future or seem hesitant to then you can make a decision thn. I had the same recently after graduating with the level of roles I was getting rejected by, and rushed into an interview where I asked this question and once I knew that it was purely an internship with no future, I walked away. Hope you can find a good job for yourself soon!
_andre_
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
no
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (23)
19.01%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (13)
10.74%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (8)
6.61%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (20)
16.53%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (31)
25.62%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
21.49%

Watched Threads