Cambridge Offer: conditional vs unconditional

Watch this thread
Natalie2022
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi everyone!
I'm an international student from the US applying to Cambridge. I received an offer from Trinity, and it appears to be an unconditional offer. That being said, I have heard that Trinity usually only gives unconditional offers to students who are taking a gap year. I was wondering if someone could let me know what a conditional offer specifies.

Thanks so much.
EternalKnight_02
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
I’m assuming you applied through UCAS? If so when it updates in a few days it will inform you as to whether the offer is conditional or not.
Natalie2022
Rep:
Name:  Cambridge_offer.png
Views: 76
Size:  266.8 KB
This is the terms and conditions section of my offer letter, for reference.
hehwhat
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Do you already have the required grades? Conditional offers are dependent on you still obtaining the specified grades, which are uncertain until you actually get the results. In the UK we haven't actually done our alevels yet at this point.
Natalie2022
Rep:
(Original post by hehwhat)
Do you already have the required grades? Conditional offers are dependent on you still obtaining the specified grades, which are uncertain until you actually get the results. In the UK we haven't actually done our alevels yet at this point.
Our equivalent of the alevels would be AP exams. I have completed a few exams in the last three years of high school, although I haven't taken this year's exams yet.

I was just wondering whether others' letters specified the exact requirements (i.e. subjects and scores required) or whether that will only show up on UCAS.
Scotney
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Natalie2022)
Our equivalent of the alevels would be AP exams. I have completed a few exams in the last three years of high school, although I haven't taken this year's exams yet.

I was just wondering whether others' letters specified the exact requirements (i.e. subjects and scores required) or whether that will only show up on UCAS.
I would post this on the main Cambridge thread but I believe your conditions will be on Ucas.Highly unusual to get an unconditional from Cambridge unless grades are in hand.
Peterhouse Admissions
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 months ago

I would have expected the conditions to be in this letter. Even if your offer is academically unconditional, I would normally expect it to say so, just to be clear. I'd wait for UCAS to update. it should do so in a couple of days, but if you're still confused when it updates, then there's no harm in calling your college.
Anonymous///
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 months ago

Hi, massive congrats on your offer! I'm also a US student, and I received an offer from Magdalene for History. I'm not sure if you've figured your situation out yet (or if your UCAS track has updated), but just for reference my conditions are 5s in my remaining four AP exams, and these conditions were enclosed both in my formal offer letter and on UCAS track.

If you don't mind sharing, what scores have you achieved in AP exams so far? I have five 5s, which is the minimum, and I am trying to figure out why I have received such a harsh offer (as achieving four more 5s is stressing me out!), and you're the first US student I've found on here who has an offer from Cambridge
charliebaar04
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous///)
Hi, massive congrats on your offer! I'm also a US student, and I received an offer from Magdalene for History. I'm not sure if you've figured your situation out yet (or if your UCAS track has updated), but just for reference my conditions are 5s in my remaining four AP exams, and these conditions were enclosed both in my formal offer letter and on UCAS track.

If you don't mind sharing, what scores have you achieved in AP exams so far? I have five 5s, which is the minimum, and I am trying to figure out why I have received such a harsh offer (as achieving four more 5s is stressing me out!), and you're the first US student I've found on here who has an offer from Cambridge
Fellow US student here. I got an offer from Emma for Phys Natsci. I also already have fives 5s but my offer was conditional on three more 5s in both Physics Cs and Biology (I received the conditions today through UCAS). I'm in the same boat: wishing I could relax after getting in but beyond nervous that I won't meet the conditions. Fingers crossed and hope we both meet what they're asking for.
Anonymous///
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by charliebaar04)
Fellow US student here. I got an offer from Emma for Phys Natsci. I also already have fives 5s but my offer was conditional on three more 5s in both Physics Cs and Biology (I received the conditions today through UCAS). I'm in the same boat: wishing I could relax after getting in but beyond nervous that I won't meet the conditions. Fingers crossed and hope we both meet what they're asking for.
Congrats on your offer! It's comforting to know that I'm not the only one in this position! I'm incredibly nervous about the conditions as well. Best of luck, and I'm sure you'll meet the conditions!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.94%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.36%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.58%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (34)
25.76%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
19.7%

Watched Threads