Dumb mistake on my UCAS application.

Watch this thread
username5890578
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I stupidly added my last name to my preferred name, I found out when I get an email from a Uni naming me as 'Alex *Surname* *Surname*'

I'm feeling pretty bad because I feel like if they think that if I'm incapable of writing out my name, then how can they expect me to work towards a degree lmao.

Has anyone done anything similar and been alright? Is it worth contacting UCAS?
Last edited by username5890578; 3 months ago
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Phone UCAS tomorrow - its fixable.
username5890578
Rep:
(Original post by McGinger)
Phone UCAS tomorrow - its fixable.
Do you know what their number is for applicants to call?
Hasn't the application been sent to Unis already?
musicalrose
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Phone anyway surely this is something your school should have picked up before you sent your application or are you an independent candidate?
username5890578
Rep:
(Original post by musicalrose)
Phone anyway surely this is something your school should have picked up before you sent your application or are you an independent candidate?
nope, the school didn't pick it up unfortunately lol
musicalrose
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by AlexAyy)
nope, the school didn't pick it up unfortunately lol
damn that’s like their whole job to proofread 😅
Khfhgdd
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Some people go by their last name tbf so it doesn’t make you look stupid..
username5890578
Rep:
(Original post by Khfhgdd)
Some people go by their last name tbf so it doesn’t make you look stupid..
hope so lol, I emailed my teacher and they said they'd contact UCAS, I think I'm okay hahaha
KevinZhang135
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
What about me i put the wrong qualatifation in my ucas application
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by KevinZhang135)
What about me i put the wrong qualatifation in my ucas application
Email each of your Unis and tell them
- then fill in this online form https://www.ucas.com/forms/request-a...ur-application
KevinZhang135
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by McGinger)
Email each of your Unis and tell- then fill in this online form https://www.ucas.com/forms/request-a...ur-application
i got one rejection due to that qualatifation mistakes do you think that uni will change there unsuccessful to offer
CatInTheCorner
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
i got one rejection due to that qualatifation mistakes do you think that uni will change there unsuccessful to offer
Email the university and explain, if it isn't a competitive course, maybe
KevinZhang135
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by CatInTheCorner)
Email the university and explain, if it isn't a competitive course, maybe
Can my college teacher contact the university for me
CatInTheCorner
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Why wouldn't you contact them yourself? No reason to wait until the uni has filled in more spots in their course until you let them know you've got the grades needed to be considered for a place. It'll only make it more competitive for you
med118
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
It is best if you contact them yourself because in the end it is your responsibility to make sure that the universities know your qualifications. Just be honest and apologise it shouldn't be that big of a deal, they probably deal with this kind of issue all the time.
med118
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
you can send an email to their admissions team to look at or you can send a message directly from the university admissions portal website
KevinZhang135
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by CatInTheCorner)
Why wouldn't you contact them yourself? No reason to wait until the uni has filled in more spots in their course until you let them know you've got the grades needed to be considered for a place. It'll only make it more competitive for you
my teacher calling my university to explain the situation how likely is it that they will change the foundation year i was offered to starting my degree this year
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
my teacher calling my university to explain the situation how likely is it that they will change the foundation year i was offered to starting my degree this year
We can't answer this. Even with the correct qualification listed you may have received the same FY offer.
KevinZhang135
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Admit-One)
We can't answer this. Even with the correct qualification listed you may have received the same FY offer.
I recently submitted ucas amendment form about my qualification because i selected the wrong btec program

i currently waiting on my results for my extended diploma for engineering

my first year on the course i achieve D*

my ID Number is:

sorry for any inconvenience

i hope you consider me for civil and environment engineering

i send this to all of my university i applied to
is it ok
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I recently submitted ucas amendment form about my qualification because i selected the wrong btec program

i currently waiting on my results for my extended diploma for engineering

my first year on the course i achieve D*

my ID Number is:

sorry for any inconvenience

i hope you consider me for civil and environment engineering

i send this to all of my university i applied to
is it ok
Yes, that's absolutely fine. It's good practice to let them know via email as well as completing the form, as there is a chance that their local system won't update with the change, or they could already have looked at the application with the original information.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (23)
19.83%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (12)
10.34%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (8)
6.9%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (20)
17.24%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (29)
25%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (24)
20.69%

Watched Threads