The Student Room Group

Economics and biology

I applied for an economics degree but have a strong passion for biology out of all sciences and study both for a level currently. I will go forward with my econ degree but hope to pick up biology in the future maybe linking to my degree through a masters or career, any thoughts as to what might link them?

All the careers i search for that can be had with an economics degree are very frigid either ‘finance, investment, statistics’ but i don’t want that!! Help!!
Original post by fizzypop7
I applied for an economics degree but have a strong passion for biology out of all sciences and study both for a level currently. I will go forward with my econ degree but hope to pick up biology in the future maybe linking to my degree through a masters or career, any thoughts as to what might link them?

All the careers i search for that can be had with an economics degree are very frigid either ‘finance, investment, statistics’ but i don’t want that!! Help!!

There's a whole branch of economics that's devoted to health economics, think places like York and City are meant to be the best places for it. Beyond this, there's also the emerging field of epidemiological economics due to Corona
Reply 2
Original post by BenRyan99
There's a whole branch of economics that's devoted to health economics, think places like York and City are meant to be the best places for it. Beyond this, there's also the emerging field of epidemiological economics due to Corona

Thank you so much!! i’ll look into it :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by fizzypop7

Hello! Not sure if you know about this, but you can actually at some universities do a joint honours in Economics and Biology. Then you will have the best of both worlds, if you are still really interested in pursuing biology. Have a look on St. Andrews website for example, they offer a BSc (Hons) in Economics and Biology. Hope this is of some use, if you have already applied and would have rather done this you could possibly look for this kind of course in clearing on UCAS ! Best of luck :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by emsters
Hello! Not sure if you know about this, but you can actually at some universities do a joint honours in Economics and Biology. Then you will have the best of both worlds, if you are still really interested in pursuing biology. Have a look on St. Andrews website for example, they offer a BSc (Hons) in Economics and Biology. Hope this is of some use, if you have already applied and would have rather done this you could possibly look for this kind of course in clearing on UCAS ! Best of luck :smile:

Thank you so much :smile: ill make sure to add it to my clearing courses

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending