zaceasif12
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
ls eng lit, history and classics a good a level combo as im good at essays +epq or should i take instead of classics maths or spanish for balance. i want to apply for englit at cambridge
jesssss04
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by zaceasif12)
ls eng lit, history and classics a good a level combo as im good at essays +epq or should i take instead of classics maths or spanish for balance. i want to apply for englit at cambridge
Don't worry about choosing subjects for 'balance' just choose what you are good at and enjoy because you are far more likely to do better in them, seeing as you want to apply to Cambridge you need high grades and that A Level combo is perfect for your choice of course! I wouldn't risk taking Spanish or Maths cos Maths is a nightmare and languages can be tricky too!
succubus666
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
hi that combo seems perfect for english also i got an offer for english at cambridge, if you have any messages feel free to ask
Last edited by succubus666; 3 months ago
zaceasif12
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by succubus666)
hi that combo seems perfect for english also i got an offer for english at cambridge, if you have any messages feel free to ask
wow congratulations!!
i was wondering what a levels you took, did you do any extracurriculars/epq and what did you read for the interview/ps thanks
succubus666
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by zaceasif12)
wow congratulations!!
i was wondering what a levels you took, did you do any extracurriculars/epq and what did you read for the interview/ps thanks
for my a levels i do psychology, sociology and english lit. extracurriculars for english may be hard as it’s not like a science based subject where you can get work experience at a medical centre etc but i talked about a few books and you can also mention trips to the theatre or art gallery (if it resonates with what ur doing) i also mentioned an english masterclass i attended. i had 2 interviews my first one was a bit scary because i was so nervous but they were super friendly (i applied to homerton so i’m not sure how it’s at other colleges) my second interview i loved it a lot and i loved discussing the texts and my ideas etc. if you need more help on anything else i’m here
Last edited by succubus666; 3 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (8)
22.86%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
8.57%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
11.43%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
8.57%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (8)
22.86%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (9)
25.71%

Watched Threads