Ucas deadline missed

Watch this thread
nattyyy
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
If I submit my application a day after the 26th, is that seen to them as the same as 3 weeks late or does the fact that it was submitted close to the deadline give it more consideration?
jesssss04
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by nattyyy)
If I submit my application a day after the 26th, is that seen to them as the same as 3 weeks late or does the fact that it was submitted close to the deadline give it more consideration?
I think it will be seen as late cos the deadline is the deadline and they most likely won't give it any extra consideration. Best of luck though!
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
As above - its a hard deadline. not a 'apply sometime around this date' moment.

Some Unis will keep some courses open after this, so if you have missed the deadline, then you should phone all your intended Unis tomorrow and ask if the will accept your application or not.
skylark2
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
After the deadline they don't have to consider your application at all. If they have no spaces left, they won't. If they do have spaces left, they will. The later you leave it, the less likely they are to have any spaces left.
McGinger
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by skylark2)
After the deadline they don't have to consider your application at all. If they have no spaces left, they won't. If they do have spaces left, they will. The later you leave it, the less likely they are to have any spaces left.
Spaces.... It doesnt work like that. Unis make far more offers than they have places on a course - because many applicants will go somewhere else, not get the grades or not actually turn up. Uni use complicated algorithms to work out how many offers to make and will only keep courses open if they know they dont have enough applications to match those projections. Its got nothing to do with 'spaces'.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
If you’ve missed the deadline then wait a week. Contact your choices to find out if they’re still accepting late applications before you submit. That way you can maximise your chances of your application being considered.

After the deadline if universities are still accepting applications then it does move to first come first served - but a week won’t make any difference to that.
skylark2
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by McGinger)
Spaces.... It doesnt work like that. Unis make far more offers than they have places on a course - because many applicants will go somewhere else, not get the grades or not actually turn up. Uni use complicated algorithms to work out how many offers to make and will only keep courses open if they know they dont have enough applications to match those projections. Its got nothing to do with 'spaces'.
I was using "number of spaces" as shorthand for "the difference between the offers they plan to make and the offers they have made" rather than "places", but I can see that it might not have been clear.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (138)
43.53%
Not yet, but I will soon (55)
17.35%
No (124)
39.12%

Watched Threads