25 marker economics Alevel paper 2

Watch this thread
Chloe234
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I am struggling on how to answer this 25 marker

Evaluate the effectiveness of quantitative easing during ‘a significant recession’

I’m doing three paragraphs and a conclusion.
Last edited by Chloe234; 5 months ago
tomftutor
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Chloe234)
I am struggling on how to answer this 25 marker

Evaluate the effectiveness of quantitative easing during ‘a significant recession’

I’m doing three paragraphs and a conclusion.
What ideas do you have so far to answer the question? Then it is easier for someone to help fill in the gaps.
Last edited by tomftutor; 5 months ago
Chloe234
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
My against side I said that too much QE can be inflationary- this will lead to inflation
For- quantitatively easing is necessary as an additional monetary policy tool for the central bank after they have cut interest rates as possible
I spoke about Keynes liquidity trap too

For- increasing QE provides firms with additional funding to allow them to increase lending to businesses, thus increasing investment in the economy and therefore increasing economic growth

These are my points so far
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Chloe234)
My against side I said that too much QE can be inflationary- this will lead to inflation
For- quantitatively easing is necessary as an additional monetary policy tool for the central bank after they have cut interest rates as possible
I spoke about Keynes liquidity trap too

For- increasing QE provides firms with additional funding to allow them to increase lending to businesses, thus increasing investment in the economy and therefore increasing economic growth

These are my points so far
You need to make sure you're answering the question as it is written.

1) Your command word is 'evaluate' - i.e. assess the worth or value of. You've written your points as sides 'for' and 'against'.

2) You're asked about 'the effectiveness about QE during a significant recession'. Therefore, your point about 'too much QE being inflationary' is fairly irrelevant in this setting. Fine to mention that were QE to continue once the economy had recovered, one would expect it to be inflationary but this shouldn't be the focus of your answer.

Also, how much QE is 'too much'? The BoE has now done £895bn of QE - I think most people would consider that quite a lot...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (40)
32.52%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (55)
44.72%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (27)
21.95%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.81%

Watched Threads