My chance at getting into LSE,UCL,Kings for Economics

Watch this thread
kiwizor123
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
#1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
#1
So I have a bit of a dilemma. I'm currently taking maths economics and geography at a levels and I have already applied to universities. My choices were LSE, UCL, Kings and Queen Marys. I'm sure Ill have a place in queen Marys but not sure about the rest. I'm predicted A*A*A, * in econ and maths. I'm worried about me not having Further Maths and having geo which is basic. Also my PS, I think for the chunk of it I wrote it really well but for the work experience and essay competitions, I don't have any which is why I'm stressing. I did mention really good things in the rest of the ps. I hope someone can give me any info on my situation if possible as I'm really hoping I can get into UCL or Kings. LSE was just a shot.

Thanks
0
reply
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
#2
Report 3 months ago
#2
No one on TSR has the insight into your personal application and the application of any other applicants.
You’ll just have to wait and see
0
reply
kiwizor123
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
#3
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
#3
(Original post by PQ)
No one on TSR has the insight into your personal application and the application of any other applicants.
You’ll just have to wait and see
Thats fine I just wanted to hear a realistic chance of me getting into ucl/kings/lse without much extra curricular. Maybe a student whos gone to lse or ucl could probably let me know.
0
reply
BenRyan99
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
#4
Report 3 months ago
#4
(Original post by kiwizor123)
So I have a bit of a dilemma. I'm currently taking maths economics and geography at a levels and I have already applied to universities. My choices were LSE, UCL, Kings and Queen Marys. I'm sure Ill have a place in queen Marys but not sure about the rest. I'm predicted A*A*A, * in econ and maths. I'm worried about me not having Further Maths and having geo which is basic. Also my PS, I think for the chunk of it I wrote it really well but for the work experience and essay competitions, I don't have any which is why I'm stressing. I did mention really good things in the rest of the ps. I hope someone can give me any info on my situation if possible as I'm really hoping I can get into UCL or Kings. LSE was just a shot.

Thanks
I doubt you have any real shot at LSE if you applied to their BSc Economics course without further maths if your school offers FM. Remember reading that something like 94% of successful applicants have FM and the other 6% couldn't because their school didn't offer it which is fine.

Fortunately your grades are good so you definitely stand a chance at UCL and King's. Ik UCL like FM but I know it's not an implicit requirement like it is at LSE. Main issue is that you've applied to unis all in London so will be battling with all the international applicants who mostly wanna live in London, as well as a fair number of UK students. King's isn't great for economics quality anyway, much better alternatives outside of London but it's popular because it's in London.

QMUL is decent anyway so not the worst fall back option, it's just you could get into far better places if you didn't just apply to London unis with your grades.
0
reply
kiwizor123
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
#5
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
#5
(Original post by BenRyan99)
I doubt you have any real shot at LSE if you applied to their BSc Economics course without further maths if your school offers FM. Remember reading that something like 94% of successful applicants have FM and the other 6% couldn't because their school didn't offer it which is fine.

Fortunately your grades are good so you definitely stand a chance at UCL and King's. Ik UCL like FM but I know it's not an implicit requirement like it is at LSE. Main issue is that you've applied to unis all in London so will be battling with all the international applicants who mostly wanna live in London, as well as a fair number of UK students. King's isn't great for economics quality anyway, much better alternatives outside of London but it's popular because it's in London.

QMUL is decent anyway so not the worst fall back option, it's just you could get into far better places if you didn't just apply to London unis with your grades.
Fair enough, thank you for taking time to reply. I really want to stay in London but idk now
0
reply
kiwizor123
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
#6
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
#6
do you know if having essay competitions and good work experience is essential for UCL/kings
0
reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Reply
new posts
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (146)
29.03%
It went fairly well (239)
47.51%
It didn't go too well (75)
14.91%
TERRIBLE! (43)
8.55%

Watched Threads

View All