Is UEL THAT bad?

Watch this thread
Quierosaber
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I’m hoping to study BSc Counselling at UEL this year. It’s one of the few universities that offer a degree in counselling. The reviews about UEL are SO off putting...is the university THAT bad?! It would be great to hear from anyone that’s studied/studying at UEL, particularly counselling or psychology graduates/students. TIA
Anonymous #1
Report 3 months ago
I didn't study psychology or counselling at uel but I did study at uel, in my experience it wasn't bad I had lectures that provided so much support to me especially during the pandemic. I definitely think the support they provide is better compared to other uni's. It's just it's seen as low ranking in terms of education but I left my bachelors with a first class.
Quierosaber
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I didn't study psychology or counselling at uel but I did study at uel, in my experience it wasn't bad I had lectures that provided so much support to me especially during the pandemic. I definitely think the support they provide is better compared to other uni's. It's just it's seen as low ranking in terms of education but I left my bachelors with a first class.
Thanks so much for sharing your experience! Great to hear that they were supportive. Was the university disorganised?
Ben119
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I've applied to do a counselling degree at UEL this year and had my interview yesterday. The course looks good and the interview went well but you're right the reviews are really bad! I'm now trying to decide what to do. I'd also like to hear from anyone that has done the counselling degree there.
Last edited by Ben119; 3 months ago
Apostolos Ntertsas- UEL Rep
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi all!

I currently study at UEL, so I think that I can help with this!

To be honest, I never had a negative experience at UEL. This is my 4th year here, I also did my foundation at UEL and I'm very-very pleased! The highlight of UEL is the support that it offers to its students and it's not just the support services, but also the people who run the courses. I came from another country to study at UEL and they really made me feel comfortable and made sure that my university experience and journey are smooth and pleasant. The teaching style (in the Fine Art department, where I study) is great, very friendly tutors, always there for a chat or a tutorial, the facilities are perfect. As a Fine Art student, I have everything I need and again, the technicians in the workshops are very supportive and have in-depth knowledge of their area. Generally facilities are modern, very well-equipped and at great locations - Docklands and Stratford. I've even stayed at the on-campus accommodation and I have no complaints! I've made some very good friends and joined lovely activities.

I hope that this helps! Feel free to send me a private message, if you need further information.

-Apostolos
Ben119
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Thanks very much for the information. Very helpful!
Kokole
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Well I felt exactly same way just 2 months ago when I’ve got my UEL offer and needed to accept or decline ASAP because it was literally a few days till the deadline. To be honest I’ve never heard of UEL before. It’s probably not something prestigious or recognisable so I had really mixed feelings at that moment. After reading reviews I was even a bit upset But I’ve accepted the offer and started my studies. The first impression of uni was good. Modern buildings, facilities, good condition of campuses. Much better than I could expect, BUT. My second impression was about the amount of Indian students. You literally feel like you came to India haha (it’s nothing wrong about different nationalities but it’s weird when the majority is from the same country). Tutors. Some of them normal, some of them good. Generally no complain. Can’t judge about the education level yet but it doesn’t feel being hard so far.UEL is pretty far from central London but it’s fine if you live somewhere around. Overall I’d say I loved this place. Even though at some moment I felt like I did a mistake. Have a feeling like I’m always happy to go there. Even if it means I have to wake up at 6 And for general understanding - yeah I’m the picky one. So you can definitely believe to every word I said Good luck ✨
crixina
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ben119)
My daughter is doing BSc Psychology and she loves it , they are very organised and the online lectures and all are great.
We are really happy
crixina
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ben119)
Also the lectures in campus are great, i help my daughter with her assignments and I can confirm all this
We were biased but i must admit we are now glad, the Psych Dept is great.Good Luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
15.74%
The paper was reasonable (192)
48.73%
Not feeling great about that exam... (100)
25.38%
It was TERRIBLE (40)
10.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise