student house questions

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
im currently looking for house mates for a student house. I havn't got anyone and I don't want to be by myself.

is it possible to go with randomers in like a 4 bedroom house?
mike23mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Yes you can move in with random people but its a risk. If the other 3 are best friends and you are just filling a spare room in the house you may feel excluded by them as they arrange social events etc. Also, you don't know their attitude to study - will they be party animals or bookworms?
skylark2
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
It's very common - people arrange a house as a group and then life happens to one of them and they have to drop out. You'll see adverts on this site, or your university will almost certainly have a place (website, even a physical noticeboard) where spaces like this are advertised.

It can be difficult if they are close friends already and you are the only one who isn't, especially if you don't actually have anything in common with them. Your best option might be to go for one where they're looking for two or more people as at least you won't be the only odd one out then!
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi there!

There should be Facebook groups for your university for people looking for housemates. These usually give you a chance to meet them first too! I agree with the people above, it's often nicer if more than one of you don't know anyone but on the whole university students are usually pretty welcoming so you should be okay, just make sure there's some general rules about the common areas (like washing up!) And who knows, you might end up making some great friends!

Best of luck,
-Daisy (final year student)
Anonymous #1
I've just email student accommodation and asked about the issue
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi,

Lancaster Student Ambassadors gave good advice but also, people advertise houses on the student room or any other platform really - if you are in any societies or clubs, maybe ask if anyone else is looking. I recommend meeting them beforehand just to check you get along etc. Or even ask the people on your course!

Also, you should be able to live in student halls again if you want to live with people!

All the best,
Sara (Student Rep for Coventry University)
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors)
Hi,

Lancaster Student Ambassadors gave good advice but also, people advertise houses on the student room or any other platform really - if you are in any societies or clubs, maybe ask if anyone else is looking. I recommend meeting them beforehand just to check you get along etc. Or even ask the people on your course!

Also, you should be able to live in student halls again if you want to live with people!

All the best,
Sara (Student Rep for Coventry University)
hi thx for replying. I have checked and asked but no one seems sure or they have already got mates. I'm not in any society or clubs. I have even check Facebook but nothing came up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (55)
19.03%
The paper was reasonable (107)
37.02%
Not feeling great about that exam... (84)
29.07%
It was TERRIBLE (43)
14.88%

Watched Threads