scared and paranoid about s*x

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
i’m 20 & a woman. i have some sort of trauma with sexual experiences and so when they start to happen i get triggered and i try to stop it or i dissociate.

i have a boyfriend and i do want to have sex with him, but i’m so scared. i do trust him & he’s gentle, but i’m still a bit scared though.

another thing is i always get so paranoid that i’m gonna stink (even tho i know that i don’t).

any advice? anyone else been through this? is there a way i can feel safer and more comfortable about sex ?
ollie1024
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Sadly I've had a friend go though a similar experience. I would suggest talking to your GP about it as they will be able to refer and offer you recommendations such as counselling and therapy.
ROTL94 2
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by j25_8)
It’s not that deep really
It is if you've been raped or sexually assaulted previously.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (156)
41.82%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.5%
No (148)
39.68%

Watched Threads