Missed UCAS deadline!

Watch this thread
MPGKY4
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I missed my UCAS deadline (I am an international student) due to certain issues with my card. I believe that the issue has been resolved, but what should I do now? Can I still submit my application, or do I need to make a new one immediately and then submit it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
lopeetsa
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by MPGKY4)
I missed my UCAS deadline (I am an international student) due to certain issues with my card. I believe that the issue has been resolved, but what should I do now? Can I still submit my application, or do I need to make a new one immediately and then submit it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I might be wrong, but im pretty sure you can still submit your application. The only thing is that it won’t fall under equal consideration since you missed the deadline for that.
kitkatsnickers
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Yes you can still submit
MPGKY4
Rep:
(Original post by lopeetsa)
I might be wrong, but im pretty sure you can still submit your application. The only thing is that it won’t fall under equal consideration since you missed the deadline for that.
Thank you! That's certainly a relief, but I keep facing the same issue that prevented me from submitting my application in time. It keeps saying that transaction failed at this time and that I have to try later. I had contacted UCAS on twitter yesterday but they still haven't replied.
MPGKY4
Rep:
(Original post by kitkatsnickers)
Yes you can still submit
Thank you, I hope I can do so.
lopeetsa
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Thank you! That's certainly a relief, but I keep facing the same issue that prevented me from submitting my application in time. It keeps saying that transaction failed at this time and that I have to try later. I had contacted UCAS on twitter yesterday but they still haven't replied.
You’d be better off emailing them
MPGKY4
Rep:
I finally managed to make the payment a few hours ago. I hope that things will work out for the better.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi MPGKY4

You should still be able to apply, outside of the UCAS deadline. It might just mean that there may be a short delay in reviewing your application after the original date.

Do not be disheartened that you have missed the set deadline, but most Universities should be flexible in considering applications that fall outside of this timeframe, particularly if courses have not filled!

I hope this helps. If you would like any other queries resolved or international queries, please let me know and I can try and help further.

Hope this is reassuring!

Dylan
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I finally managed to make the payment a few hours ago. I hope that things will work out for the better.
It is going to depend on the university and course you are applying to. If it is a very competitive course or university they are likely to be full and the likelyhood is you will be rejected. If it is a les popular university or course they arent likely to be full and will treat your application in the same way
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by lopeetsa)
You’d be better off emailing them
Ucas don’t have an email address for queries like this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.94%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.36%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.58%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (34)
25.76%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
19.7%

Watched Threads