maths helppp

Watch this thread
Styles Queen
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
hi,can someone pls help me simplify this?

*√5x^4 x 10x/2x^2

*everything is square rooted
mqb2766
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Styles Queen)
hi,can someone pls help me simplify this?

*√5x^4 x 10x/2x^2

*everything is square rooted
Assuming the middle "x" is multiplication, just multiply the numbers and the variable "x" and then divide and then root. Post what you get.

Note its generally a good idea to divide first to keep things simple, but in this case, there is little difference.
Last edited by mqb2766; 3 months ago
Styles Queen
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by mqb2766)
Assuming the middle "x" is multiplication, just multiply the numbers and the variable "x" and then divide and then root. Post what you get.

Note its generally a good idea to divide first to keep things simple, but in this case, there is little difference.
5x3/2 ???
AlexanderJRL
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
5x3/2 ???
Can you write your working? Just to check, is the question sqrt(5x^4 * (10x/2x^2))?
mqb2766
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
5x3/2 ???
Assuming the question was

\sqrt{\frac{5x^4 * 10x}{2x^2}}
and your answer is

5x^{3/2}
then yes
Last edited by mqb2766; 3 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.94%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.36%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.58%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (34)
25.76%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
19.7%

Watched Threads