Under 6'/6'2''?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Is considered 'undatable' for actually loads of girls online who specifically request "6' and over"

Is this a joke or are they actually being serious? do they actually not even consider someone who's 5'9''-5'11'' just cos of his height? like Brad Pitt in Fight Club is around that range (5'11'' or 5'10'' I think)

It's not even that it is shallow, it's dumb AF. Is there an explanation for this or are social media trends just complete bs?
username5888917
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Is considered 'undatable' for actually loads of girls online who specifically request "6' and over"

Is this a joke or are they actually being serious? do they actually not even consider someone who's 5'9''-5'11'' just cos of his height? like Brad Pitt in Fight Club is around that range (5'11'' or 5'10'' I think)

It's not even that it is shallow, it's dumb AF. Is there an explanation for this or are social media trends just complete bs?
Personal preference Ig.
Old Skool Freak
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Well lets face it...

If they are good looking girls, they'll be inundated with indecent proposals from horny guys... so they'll be in a position to 'pick and choose' who they do / don't want to contact and eventually date. In fact, given how much more "matches" girls get compared to guys (in general), it wouldn't surprise me if they impose this rule, only to get the number of applicants down to a manageable number. It's a bit like most graduate jobs employing the 2:1 rule.

Whilst height is an important factor, I think most will be OK, provided they're around the 5'8-10 mark (I'm talking IRL here, where other things about you (e.g. personality, vibe etc) help / aid attraction)
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
If she rejects you for your height then she isn't worth your time

Obligatory Lucifer323 tag for his philosophy.
Lucifer323
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
It's usually the Lilliputian girls that have these preferences. The more Lilliputian they are the more expectations they have.
Lucifer323
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
londonmyst

Hello my dear!

Please share your opinions on this wonderful conversation.
Last edited by Lucifer323; 3 months ago
londonmyst
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
The girls who specify that their dealbreaker to chat/date/hookup is "above 6ft" or another minimum specific height are generally being honest and should be taken seriously.
Tends to be widespread amongst several cliques on tinder and a few online dating sites.
Different people have very different attraction dealbreakers, beauty standards and relationship preferences.
Many people are exclusively attracted to a specific physical type/look or have a height connected dealbreaker.
PossiblyNotGod
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Lucifer323)
It's usually the Lilliputian girls that have these preferences. The more Lilliputian they are the more expectations they have.
dude everytime you say Lilliputian it makes me laugh a little :lol:
Lucifer323
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
The girls who specify that their dealbreaker to chat/date/hookup is "above 6ft" or another minimum specific height are generally being honest and should be taken seriously.
Tends to be widespread amongst several cliques on tinder and a few online dating sites.
Different people have very different attraction dealbreakers, beauty standards and relationship preferences.
Many people are exclusively attracted to a specific physical type/look or have a height connected dealbreaker.
What about you my dear?

Let's say there is guy who is very intelligent, very attractive, gifted, and charming as the devil... Around 5'10
Crazed cat lady
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
It's like asking would you rather drive a Ferrari or a Skoda?
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
Obligatory Lucifer323 tag for his philosophy.
Do us a favour and stop doing that. He’ll probably make his own way here, but at least there’s a chance it’ll be buried under a couple of pages and I won’t have to keep reading the same rubbish time and time again.
londonmyst
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Lucifer323)
What about you my dear?

Let's say there is guy who is very intelligent, very attractive, gifted, and charming as the devil... Around 5'10
You've seen my dealbreakers. :eviltongue:
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
Do us a favour and stop doing that. He’ll probably make his own way here, but at least there’s a chance it’ll be buried under a couple of pages and I won’t have to keep reading the same rubbish time and time again.
It's the only form of entertainment when these kinds of threads are made on tsr every week.
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
It's the only form of entertainment when these kinds of threads are made on tsr every week.
Entertaining is the last thing this repetitive drivel is. Watch paint dry, at least you won’t lose any brain cells that way.
PossiblyNotGod
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Crazed cat lady)
tf lol it's only a couple of inches :rofl:
Lucifer323
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Crazed cat lady)
And what is your height my dear?
Let me guess.
5'1?
ROTL94 2
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
******** in my hands and clapping is more entertaining.
Lucifer323
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by PossiblyNotGod)
dude everytime you say Lilliputian it makes me laugh a little :lol:
Lilliputian is used as my favourite word isn't allowed in these threads anymore...
Old Skool Freak
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
Whilst I get it can be frustrating when the same questions come up time and time again... they're obviously a big deal to the people who are posting them.

Maybe a sticky about the importance of height might help, where the facts are separated from the BS.
Lucifer323
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
And as always our Lilliputian female friends are the ones who are interested so much in the height of the opposite gender...

Especially the very very Lilliputians...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (61)
34.66%
The paper was reasonable (70)
39.77%
Not feeling great about that exam... (28)
15.91%
It was TERRIBLE (17)
9.66%

Watched Threads