The Student Room Group

Under 6'/6'2''?

Is considered 'undatable' for actually loads of girls online who specifically request "6' and over"

Is this a joke or are they actually being serious? do they actually not even consider someone who's 5'9''-5'11'' just cos of his height? like Brad Pitt in Fight Club is around that range (5'11'' or 5'10'' I think)

It's not even that it is shallow, it's dumb AF. Is there an explanation for this or are social media trends just complete bs?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Is considered 'undatable' for actually loads of girls online who specifically request "6' and over"

Is this a joke or are they actually being serious? do they actually not even consider someone who's 5'9''-5'11'' just cos of his height? like Brad Pitt in Fight Club is around that range (5'11'' or 5'10'' I think)

It's not even that it is shallow, it's dumb AF. Is there an explanation for this or are social media trends just complete bs?

Personal preference Ig.

Well lets face it...

If they are good looking girls, they'll be inundated with indecent proposals from horny guys... so they'll be in a position to 'pick and choose' who they do / don't want to contact and eventually date. In fact, given how much more "matches" girls get compared to guys (in general), it wouldn't surprise me if they impose this rule, only to get the number of applicants down to a manageable number. It's a bit like most graduate jobs employing the 2:1 rule.

Whilst height is an important factor, I think most will be OK, provided they're around the 5'8-10 mark (I'm talking IRL here, where other things about you (e.g. personality, vibe etc) help / aid attraction)
If she rejects you for your height then she isn't worth your time

Obligatory @Lucifer323 tag for his philosophy.
It's usually the Lilliputian girls that have these preferences. The more Lilliputian they are the more expectations they have.
@londonmyst

Hello my dear!

Please share your opinions on this wonderful conversation.
(edited 2 years ago)
The girls who specify that their dealbreaker to chat/date/hookup is "above 6ft" or another minimum specific height are generally being honest and should be taken seriously.
Tends to be widespread amongst several cliques on tinder and a few online dating sites.
Different people have very different attraction dealbreakers, beauty standards and relationship preferences.
Many people are exclusively attracted to a specific physical type/look or have a height connected dealbreaker.
Original post by Lucifer323
It's usually the Lilliputian girls that have these preferences. The more Lilliputian they are the more expectations they have.

dude everytime you say Lilliputian it makes me laugh a little :lol:
Original post by londonmyst
The girls who specify that their dealbreaker to chat/date/hookup is "above 6ft" or another minimum specific height are generally being honest and should be taken seriously.
Tends to be widespread amongst several cliques on tinder and a few online dating sites.
Different people have very different attraction dealbreakers, beauty standards and relationship preferences.
Many people are exclusively attracted to a specific physical type/look or have a height connected dealbreaker.

What about you my dear?

Let's say there is guy who is very intelligent, very attractive, gifted, and charming as the devil... Around 5'10
It's like asking would you rather drive a Ferrari or a Skoda?
Original post by hungrysalamander
Obligatory @Lucifer323 tag for his philosophy.

Do us a favour and stop doing that. He’ll probably make his own way here, but at least there’s a chance it’ll be buried under a couple of pages and I won’t have to keep reading the same rubbish time and time again.
Original post by Lucifer323
What about you my dear?

Let's say there is guy who is very intelligent, very attractive, gifted, and charming as the devil... Around 5'10

You've seen my dealbreakers. :eviltongue:
Original post by Mesopotamian.
Do us a favour and stop doing that. He’ll probably make his own way here, but at least there’s a chance it’ll be buried under a couple of pages and I won’t have to keep reading the same rubbish time and time again.

It's the only form of entertainment when these kinds of threads are made on tsr every week.
Original post by hungrysalamander
It's the only form of entertainment when these kinds of threads are made on tsr every week.

Entertaining is the last thing this repetitive drivel is. Watch paint dry, at least you won’t lose any brain cells that way.
Original post by Crazed cat lady

tf lol it's only a couple of inches :rofl:
Original post by Crazed cat lady

And what is your height my dear?
Let me guess.
5'1?
Original post by PossiblyNotGod
dude everytime you say Lilliputian it makes me laugh a little :lol:

Lilliputian is used as my favourite word isn't allowed in these threads anymore...
Original post by Mesopotamian.

Whilst I get it can be frustrating when the same questions come up time and time again... they're obviously a big deal to the people who are posting them.

Maybe a sticky about the importance of height might help, where the facts are separated from the BS.
And as always our Lilliputian female friends are the ones who are interested so much in the height of the opposite gender...

Especially the very very Lilliputians...

Yeah but that's because Brad Pitt is Brad Pitt and he could get pretty much any girl he wants regardless of his height. Not a very fair comparison to most guys of average height who are neither rich nor famous.

The explanation for this very poor and unbalanced state of the modern day dating market is uncontrolled female hypergamy. Women now have access to any guy they want. Unlimited choices through social media and dating apps - which means they can get away with imposing these unrealistic expectations on men. The only people who lose out in the end are women themselves because they have to compete for men who are above 6 foot. Most women want exclusivity and hate sharing a man. Women know deep down that if they lowered their standards a bit and looked at men under 6 foot, they could get exclusive commitment - but suggesting this to a woman is usually met with vicious hatred and anger.

Quick Reply

Latest