What does this mean

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I’ve liked this boy for 6 months. He likes me too, but a lot of things got in the way of us being together. I’ve gone through so much these months, he’s hurt me so much but I’m still here because I genuinely think I love him. I wake up thinking about him and he is on my mind every second of the day, no kidding. When we’re together I can feel the strong connection between us.

His friends told me he’s thinking of trying to make it work for real, despite all the things that go against us being together. I am really happy because I’ve been heartbroken for so long and I’m happy he finally wants to give it a serious try.

However I don’t trust myself. I’ve never been in a relationship before and I’m scared I won’t be able to commit or that I’ll change my mind. I know I really like this boy, and my feelings have just been getting stronger for the past months. But I still have fear that I might leave him and hurt him. I don’t know if this means anything, or if it’s only because I’ve never had a boyfriend? Please some advice would be great
username5888917
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’ve liked this boy for 6 months. He likes me too, but a lot of things got in the way of us being together. I’ve gone through so much these months, he’s hurt me so much but I’m still here because I genuinely think I love him. I wake up thinking about him and he is on my mind every second of the day, no kidding. When we’re together I can feel the strong connection between us.

His friends told me he’s thinking of trying to make it work for real, despite all the things that go against us being together. I am really happy because I’ve been heartbroken for so long and I’m happy he finally wants to give it a serious try.

However I don’t trust myself. I’ve never been in a relationship before and I’m scared I won’t be able to commit or that I’ll change my mind. I know I really like this boy, and my feelings have just been getting stronger for the past months. But I still have fear that I might leave him and hurt him. I don’t know if this means anything, or if it’s only because I’ve never had a boyfriend? Please some advice would be great
Your getting this fear because your yet to experience a relationship. Relationships are built around trust, honesty, respect, care and loyalty, affection and love and being committed to one and other and whilst gifting happiness having the ability to be able to communicate and create a good understanding and avoiding insecurities though that can be worked and managed if either of you do. If you like him and he obviously knows he likes you because he’s intended purpose is to make it work wait for him to make an approach or you approach him get to know him and understand him better, express how you feel and how long you felt like this for him and value and respect the time needed in order to make a wise and sensible decision for the both of you from the both of you for the best interest of the both of you and if he feels the same then you then make a decision and see how things work out if it doesn’t work you can be like “ for xyz reasons I believe we should breakup…” just so long as it is said in a understandable tone and manner and not with the intended purpose of wanting to hurt him but that’s only if you were to pursue a relationship and things didn’t workout. Either way I wish you both the best of luck and may things work out for the both of you wishing you every success full of peace, joy, prosperity and happiness.
ran-dumb
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
If you look anywhere in this forum there'll be a wall of posts about someone walking out of a relationship, it happens. So don't stress over if it'll work out or not, if it doesn't its not your fault. And you said he's hurt you in the past already, so its only fair that you don't try to 'protect' his feelings at your own expense. And if you let this one slide, the next time you're hot for some other guy you'll worry over all this again. You have to start somewhere.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
How has he hurt you? Because a statement like that comes over as he neither likes nor loves you. And your paragraph is a lot of "I think", "I feel", very one-sided...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
34.71%
The paper was reasonable (68)
40%
Not feeling great about that exam... (27)
15.88%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.41%

Watched Threads