Gap year, apprenticeship or uni

Watch this thread
tilly231
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I’ve applied for unis and if I did go I would study accounting and finance with a study year abroad. I’m unsure on whether I want to be an accountant when I’m older but I thought the degree would be useful especially as I’m not sure what I want to do yet. I also want to travel so I thought itd be a good course to take.

However everyone goes on about uni being a waste of time and money, I agree that it’s expensive but at the same time I want to go for the social side and I feel like it will make me more confident by being independent. But the fact you can get the same degree without paying a tonne seems pointless.

What’s everyone else’s opinions on this?
uri20
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
I would look at degree apprenticeships as they’re will allow you to experience working in that field while getting a degree. Also you can do internships ( spring weeks etc) to see what it’s like in first year if you can’t decide. Not many people usually know so soon - time and experience and research will help!
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
If you were to do an apprenticeship which field of work would you do it in? there are very good options in accounting but the training is for professional qualifications rather than a degree.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (60)
19.61%
The paper was reasonable (114)
37.25%
Not feeling great about that exam... (87)
28.43%
It was TERRIBLE (45)
14.71%

Watched Threads