I feel guilty?

Watch this thread
R02022
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I want to make clear that I'm in my mid 20s, and this is my first full time job I ever had and I'm working from home.

So myself and my coworker are newcomers to the company. my coworker started before me.

We had to do separate presentations via video call to introduce ourselves to the whole company.

My coworker done theirs first one week and I done mine 2 weeks after.

I done mine today and received positive feedback from people on my team, but I noticed that the coworker whose also on my team didn't say anything to me.

I realised that I forgot to congratulate them for their presentation, and I just feel really guilty because I probably was the only one in the team who didn't say anything.

I'm not self centred...I work from home and I guess the communication I had was really poor. Like out loud to myself I know my coworker done a great job but I just forgot to say that to them on the computer.

I really learnt my lesson on this experience.

But right now I just feel really guilty, I don't want my coworker to think that I'm selfish or mean. I generally believe they done a good, there were some things that we shared in common...and I forgot to tell them that. Feel really stupid.

It's probably too late to congratulate them.

Any advice on how I can resolve the situation? :/
Tomtide
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Just text them and say "hey by the way i forgot to congratulate you earlier, great presentation" or smthn
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.94%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.36%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.58%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (34)
25.76%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
19.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise