What should I do?

Watch this thread
Markvokin
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi,

I am in yr12 and I want to go into dentistry, I’ve emailed a couple of dental clinics and they said they don’t allow it at the moment due to the pandemic. Should I just wait a few months until the pandemic “ dies” down . But this pandemic is very unpredictable so idk what to do. Or should I look for virtual work expierence but it worn be as effective and not powerful enough to put on my personal statement
Fibonacci28
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Firstly, you will not be the only person who is struggling to find work experience due to the pandemic and unis will be aware for this. I'd suggest starting with virtual work experience, if it's the only thing you can get then it's definitely enough to put on your personal statement, and the fact you persevered after being turned down the more traditional side will show your resilience and motivation. And then as the pandemic decreases, try again with the dental clinics, maybe ask some of them to hold onto your email for when they do allow it again? But that way you've got a back up experience, and if you get in person too, even more experience, which can only help your application
Markvokin
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Fibonacci28)
Firstly, you will not be the only person who is struggling to find work experience due to the pandemic and unis will be aware for this. I'd suggest starting with virtual work experience, if it's the only thing you can get then it's definitely enough to put on your personal statement, and the fact you persevered after being turned down the more traditional side will show your resilience and motivation. And then as the pandemic decreases, try again with the dental clinics, maybe ask some of them to hold onto your email for when they do allow it again? But that way you've got a back up experience, and if you get in person too, even more experience, which can only help your application
Thank you
sipal5828
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Try do some MOOCs, it'll help boost your personal statement
And with work experience, you have to email loadsss of practices and hope one of them say yes - you're right in that the pandemic has really made it harder to gain work experience. It's unfortunate but your best bet is to email tons of them
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (17)
23.29%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (8)
10.96%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
5.48%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (10)
13.7%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (16)
21.92%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
24.66%

Watched Threads