Does LSE have good night life or social life?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi I have recently received an offer to study at LSE. I am so excited as it is so prestigious and academic which is an environment I do thrive on. However, I am someone who like to go out and party on evenings (especially weekends) in big groups of friends. Do you think this would be possible with people from LSE? It has a reputation of being quite an anti-social uni with lots of cliques which is what I am worried about! This is kind of pertinent considering that I may not be staying in halls as I live in London and it adds a lot of extra cost.
elpapaki
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
what are your stats and what did u apply for?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by elpapaki)
what are your stats and what did u apply for?
Did you get an offer?
elpapaki
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Did you get an offer?
no
graciemamcnamara
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
massive congrats! lse is my first choice to I just haven't heard back yet. obviously can't speak for LSE as im not there but im from London and love the night life. out of curiosity when did you get your offer?
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi I have recently received an offer to study at LSE. I am so excited as it is so prestigious and academic which is an environment I do thrive on. However, I am someone who like to go out and party on evenings (especially weekends) in big groups of friends. Do you think this would be possible with people from LSE? It has a reputation of being quite an anti-social uni with lots of cliques which is what I am worried about! This is kind of pertinent considering that I may not be staying in halls as I live in London and it adds a lot of extra cost.
From what I've read on here, none of the London colleges have a particularly active social life or social community. Part of the reason for this is that they're non-campus universities, and the other is that so many students are international and there just to study and not party.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Reality Check)
From what I've read on here, none of the London colleges have a particularly active social life or social community. Part of the reason for this is that they're non-campus universities, and the other is that so many students are international and there just to study and not party.
Oh thats sad, maybe I should just reapply to cambridge for next year haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.94%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.36%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.58%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (34)
25.76%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
19.7%

Watched Threads