Why would my guy friend block me suddenly?

Watch this thread
P912
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Me and my guy friend have been friends for about 3 1/2 years. A couple of years ago, we said we liked each other. Nothing happened as he had a partner. A few months later we decided to be just friends. Since then all of our messages have been friendly but not as frequent. We had a very lengthy friendly conversation about a month ago and he then said stuff he shouldn’t have said and that he still likes me. A couple of weeks ago he messaged at 1 in the morning. His message wasn’t inappropriate apart from the time it was sent. Now he’s blocked me. It was completely unexpected. I shouldn’t keep wondering what I’ve done wrong or if he will unblock me but I just want my friend back. It’s hard to deal with especially since we’ve been friends for a long time.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
His partner has probably got suspicious about who he is talking to online or jealous about him spending time with female friends (online & irl).
He may get back in touch with you again after the relationship is over or when he feels ready.
Whether you will still be willing to consider him a friend or will just ignore/block him is another question.

Best to move on and avoid any contact with him.
Good luck!
candydiva
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Yes for sure a female intervention. And u need to decide how to handle it coz u won't get btr xplanation atm. Maybe later as londonmyst says but imo u can't wait for that coz it may be years...or never... also u need to consider how u would handle this xact sit if u were in a rel with him.
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hard to say cos we don't know him. How do you know he's blocked you though. And if you're mates, can't you just...go round and see him? Ask him whats up?
Leslie Knope
Badges: 20
Report 3 months ago
This actually reminds me of something similar that had happened to me a few years back. We had both openly admitted to liking each other, but after sometime it did get awkward and we became quite distant. I think in a situation like this, don't overthink it and maybe if you can, try and act like nothing happened? If that's what the two of you want, that is. You sound like you genuinely do care about him, so do the best you can and try and contact him. If it doesn't work then it doesn't work, atleast you made an effort!
Ghostlady
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
The conversation a month ago, I guess you didnt reciprocate and said you liked him back? If you didnt then I guess hes cut his losses and does not want to attempt to try with you again and blocked you for his own good. Maybe hes got the feels for you and hes trying to spare his feelings by blocking you because he doesnt want to get hurt?
Plus not only that hes got a partner. they might have seen the conversation as well, so thats an instant blocking if hes trying to salvage their relationship and proove he can be trusted to them.
Last edited by 𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂; 3 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.94%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.36%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.58%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (34)
25.76%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
19.7%

Watched Threads