The Student Room Group

Official Thread: Graduate Entry Dentistry 2023 Entry

Welcome to the GED 2023 entry thread.

Useful links:

ā€¢

Undergraduate Dentistry 2023 entry thread: Official Dentistry 2023 Entry Applicantsā€™ Thread - The Student Room

ā€¢

The ā€œWhich dental school should I apply to?ā€ Thread: The Official "Which Dental School Should I Apply To?" Thread - The Student Room

ā€¢

TSR Dentistry Wiki: Dentistry - The Student Room

ā€¢

Dentistry Graduate Entry Requirements: Graduate entry requirements for dentistry | The Student Room

General TSR Rules:

Do not ask for or post group chat links.

Do not ask for or post interview questions

Do not offer to buy or sell items, including the promotion of dentistry courses.

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Hey,I'm thinking about applying to dentistry after falling out of love with medicine. My A-levels went really badly and they are very low CDD in bio, chem, maths so I had to go into Biomed. My GCSEs are all A*-B (2 A*, 5 A, 3B). I'm in my last year of biomedical sciences, predicted a 1st (but if my exams go terribly most likely a very high 2:1). UCAT past scores have been 2450 - 2750, hoping to bump it up to 2800 - my personal statement and career experiences are good as well as a TON of caring responsibilities ect.. I've always gotten Widening participation due to my background. Just unsure what to do as I would only get SFE for both my maintenance and tuition fee if I get into a graduate entry scheme, however I'd only be able to apply to 2 graduate entry dentistry courses. Therefore I know I'd have a greater chance getting into dentistry if I also applied to some undergraduate 5 year courses. Unfortunately I know I would have to use the entire maintenance loan on my tuition and it would be very difficult to live off it, but I am prepared to do so if I can get into the course not matter if its undergraduate or graduate entry. Which universities would you recommend for undergraduate dentistry that do not take A-levels into consideration?

Thank you so much xx
Hi, i'm in a very similar position. Failed A-levels got CEU (worse than you).GCSES where 6As and 2A*s 4BsGot into an access course which lead to doing Biomedical Sciences.Graduated last year with a 1st overall and 1st in my dissertation.Realised now i want to do dentistry. But not sure if i will be able to get graduate entry roles due to poor A-levels.But can't afford 5 year programme.
Hi I wanted to ask if you got into dentistry? Kings college do not take account of A levels as long as your biomedical science degree covered all the sciences needed for the dentistry degree. QMUL, also doesnā€™t take into account a levels, you could check using their title degree checker to get onto the graduate course to see which degrees apply. I believe this only applies when you get a 2:1 in your degree, however be sure to double check. For the loans for undergraduate dentistry you will not be eligible for the tuition loan consisting of Ā£9,250 yearly however maybe maintenance loans for the graduate entry however for the first year I believe SFE pay some and you have to pay the rest your self. Also from years 2-4 you will be funded by the nhs for bursaries, tuition fee and other eligible loans, which I donā€™t think you need to pay back. Please do let me know how it goes for you as I myself am planning to hopefully do dentistry graduate degree.
Pls help!
With these stats, What Uni do you think I could get into for at least an interview for dentistry? I dont mind either undergrad or post grad, i just want to maximise my chances as much as possible! I'm really stressed out and would like some insight/help!
UCAT: 2540, B1.
2:1 Biomed degree
A levels: A*BB
GCSE (Doubt this matters): 8A*s and 3As
Original post by Kayyy30
Pls help!
With these stats, What Uni do you think I could get into for at least an interview for dentistry? I dont mind either undergrad or post grad, i just want to maximise my chances as much as possible! I'm really stressed out and would like some insight/help!
UCAT: 2540, B1.
2:1 Biomed degree
A levels: A*BB
GCSE (Doubt this matters): 8A*s and 3As

@hungrysalamander has already given you some help so there isnā€™t much else to say. Have you had a look at the links in the OP?

Youā€™ve posted in the medicine forum too looking for advice. I think you need to make your mind up whether you want to apply for medicine or dentistry because they are vastly different from each other.

Btw, itā€™s graduate entry not post-graduate. The latter refers to qualified dentists undertaking further study.
Original post by Mesopotamian.
@hungrysalamander has already given you some help so there isnā€™t much else to say. Have you had a look at the links in the OP?

Youā€™ve posted in the medicine forum too looking for advice. I think you need to make your mind up whether you want to apply for medicine or dentistry because they are vastly different from each other.

Btw, itā€™s graduate entry not post-graduate. The latter refers to qualified dentists undertaking further study.

Hi, yes sorry! I was posting the same thing on different forums to maximise my chances of getting a response! Lol sorry for being so annoying, Iā€™m just rather worried.

But thank you!
Hi! So iā€™m a biomed graduate and have achieved a First with a UCAT of 2590 and A Levels ABC. Does anyone know what kind of chance I have of getting an interview and at which unis???
Hey, try queen Mary university london, hope it goes well for you xx
Hi i'm a graduate with a 2:1 in genetics, BBB at Alevels and 2690 UCAT band 1. Please could I have some advise on where to apply strategically?
got an interview offer from newcastle which was my only under-grad choice
Original post by tsrdentist
got an interview offer from newcastle which was my only under-grad choice

Congrats!! I havenā€™t heard anything from Newcastle yet - but I got interview offer from dundee. Those 2 were my undergrad options - nothing back from Aberdeen or KCL. What are your stats? X
Original post by WhatdoIDO2023
Congrats!! I havenā€™t heard anything from Newcastle yet - but I got interview offer from dundee. Those 2 were my undergrad options - nothing back from Aberdeen or KCL. What are your stats? X

Masters of Pharmacy 1:2
Alevels A*AA
UCAT 3000 band 2

Good luck they're still sending them :smile:
Masters of Pharmacy 1:2
Alevels A*AA
UCAT 3000 band 2

Good luck they're still sending them :smile:

Thank you!
I got 2780 B2 and 1st in biomed so hoping šŸ¤žšŸ¼šŸ¤žšŸ¼
Hi, how did it you find it? Applying for dentistry.
I have recieved sn interview invitation for Aberdeen! (I'm not a Scottish student) and it's an online MMI
I have recieved sn interview invitation for Aberdeen! (I'm not a Scottish student) and it's an online MMI

Me too!! Buzzing x
Just received a rejection from Aberdeen ... so if you havenā€™t heard back from them yet then think positively!!!
Original post by WhatdoIDO2023
Me too!! Buzzing x

Congratulations! Good luck and I can't believe they've give us pre-reading šŸ˜­
Are you a Scottish resident?
Original post by Kayyy30
Just received a rejection from Aberdeen ... so if you havenā€™t heard back from them yet then think positively!!!

Sorry to hear,
It only takes one interview to get a place!
Good luck with the rest

Quick Reply