no entry requirements =/= immediate rejection

Watch this thread
unanonymouse
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I think I will eventually receive my rejection especially after bragging about such a loser move but
I applied to a scottish uni in october without meeting the entry requirements. I've got the grades, "just" not the subject (maths). So I am a bit surprised that since October I haven't been rejected yet? I was asked to send my school transcript three months ago, which I did, it was marked as read and.. nothing since then.
(As to why I did such a thing, half of the answer is I dont know and the other half is I wasn't that interested in the uni, which I am a bit now.) Thank you in advance for any remark or answer, and have a good afternoon
Last edited by unanonymouse; 3 months ago
nicky_a13
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by unanonymouse)
I think I will eventually receive my rejection especially after bragging about such a loser move but
I applied to a scottish uni in october without meeting the entry requirements. I've got the grades, "just" not the subject (maths). So I am a bit surprised that since October I haven't been rejected yet? I was asked to send my school transcript three months ago, which I did, it was marked as read and.. nothing since then.
(As to why I did such a thing, half of the answer is I dont know and the other half is I wasn't that interested in the uni, which I am a bit now.) Thank you in advance for any remark or answer, and have a good afternoon
If the university is a relatively competitive one and maths is marked as a requirement instead of just "preferred" as a subject, I imagine you unfortunately don't have much of a chance to get in, as it is more likely to get into a course you don't meet the grade requirement of (as opposed to subject one). A lot of universities haven't sent back decisions yet.
username5872531
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by nicky_a13)
If the university is a relatively competitive one and maths is marked as a requirement instead of just "preferred" as a subject, I imagine you unfortunately don't have much of a chance to get in, as it is more likely to get into a course you don't meet the grade requirement of (as opposed to subject one). A lot of universities haven't sent back decisions yet.
Hi, you are right, it is indeed a competitive university so I don't held much hope, didn't know the subjects requirement was more important so thanks for letting me know
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (275)
42.05%
The paper was reasonable (270)
41.28%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.17%
It was TERRIBLE (49)
7.49%

Watched Threads