The Student Room Group

Chances of Getting into Uni?

I sent off my UCAS application the day before the deadline. I applied to History at Aberdeen, Strathclyde, Dundee, Stirling and decided to add St Andrews as a choice at the last minute. (even though I'm aware my chances are slim) I don't exactly have top grades which is why I'm worried about my chances of getting in. I've left school already and am on a gap year so I already have all my results -

Nat 5s - AAAABBBC
Highers - AAABC (One of the As and one of the Bs are resits, I got a C and No Award the first time I sat them)
HNC - B in graded unit

I should be eligible for Widening Access as my home postcode is SIMD 20 and my school was a low progression school if that's any help
So how do your grades compare to the requirements of your 5 universities?
Reply 2
My highers match the standard requirements for Aberdeen and Dundee, but for St Andrews I only meet the minimum requirements. Strathclyde asks for AABBB for minimum requirements - I have AAABC, so it doesn't quite match. Stirling doesn't list what the minimum requirements are, however the standard is AABBB - again, doesn't quite match, however they do accept a B in the graded unit for HNC. I know I meet the requirements, but I also know that many students who go to these schools have straight As and lots of extracurriculars and whatnot. Maybe I've just spent a little too much time on TSR
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by nat69
My highers match the standard requirements for Aberdeen and Dundee, but for St Andrews I only meet the minimum requirements. Strathclyde asks for AABBB for minimum requirements - I have AAABC, so it doesn't quite match. Stirling doesn't list what the minimum requirements are, however the standard is AABBB - again, doesn't quite match, however they do accept a B in the graded unit for HNC. I know I meet the requirements, but I also know that many students who go to these schools have straight As and lots of extracurriculars and whatnot. Maybe I've just spent a little too much time on TSR

Stop wasting mental energy on things you can't control. You knew your chances before you applied and made a reasonable set of choices. Now you just wait... 😃

Quick Reply