The Student Room Group

Hills Road Sixth Form Interview

If you did get an interview and meet the criteria but come from outside of Cambridge what are your chances? I have a score of 71 with a 6 in English Lang, and the rest 7,8's and one actual 9 taken last year. I want to apply for Maths with Psychology and Geography. I have a predicted grade of a 7 for Maths which is only just the minimum. Hopefully I can improve the English to a 7 and Maths to an 8 but they won't see that until the results are out. My interview is next week so I am pretty nervous
Original post by TomAS96
If you did get an interview and meet the criteria but come from outside of Cambridge what are your chances? I have a score of 71 with a 6 in English Lang, and the rest 7,8's and one actual 9 taken last year. I want to apply for Maths with Psychology and Geography. I have a predicted grade of a 7 for Maths which is only just the minimum. Hopefully I can improve the English to a 7 and Maths to an 8 but they won't see that until the results are out. My interview is next week so I am pretty nervous

Hey, a Year 13 here to tell you not to worry! In reality Hills isn't as daunting as it's reputation, and your grades sound more than good enough for you to get your spot! Also, don't worry about the interview, it's more of a chat with a teacher about whether you are certain your choices are right for you, and most people find it friendly and not that stressful. But yeah, unless you are trying to get in with grades below the entry requirements and you aren't more than ~2 hours travel time from here, you're perfectly fine and can definitely relax! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by nicky_a13
Hey, a Year 13 here to tell you not to worry! In reality Hills isn't as daunting as it's reputation, and your grades sound more than good enough for you to get your spot! Also, don't worry about the interview, it's more of a chat with a teacher about whether you are certain your choices are right for you, and most people find it friendly and not that stressful. But yeah, unless you are trying to get in with grades below the entry requirements and you aren't more than ~2 hours travel time from here, you're perfectly fine and can definitely relax! :smile:

thanks so much.
I got into hills with practically straight 7s, you're fine lol
Also the "interview" is just them kinda briefing you about how Hills works and getting to know you a bit more. Most of the time, the person who interviews you won't even be your teacher. Also note that hills takes over 1000 students each year, you have got nothing to worry about, just focus on getting your best grades for yourself and not to get into hills.
Edit: A big majority of students don't actually live in Cambridge, you've got people who commute in from Bedfordshire, Essex, heck even London.
If all else fails (which is unlikely) there's always Long and comberton
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by wingedangel
Also the "interview" is just them kinda briefing you about how Hills works and getting to know you a bit more. Most of the time, the person who interviews you won't even be your teacher. Also note that hills takes over 1000 students each year, you have got nothing to worry about, just focus on getting your best grades for yourself and not to get into hills.
Edit: A big majority of students don't actually live in Cambridge, you've got people who commute in from Bedfordshire, Essex, heck even London.
If all else fails (which is unlikely) there's always Long and comberton

Thank you. I am only about thirty minutes away in the car although longer on the bus and do live in Cambridgeshire.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending